#1 David Woodworth

David Woodworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

I think adding the new Photo collection by Todd Bolen would be a good addition to accordance. Check it out.    201708aug.htm

• R. Mansfield and Tony Lawrence like this

#2 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

There are four packages produced by Todd Bolen available right now:

Historic Views of the Holy Land: Bible Places - American Colony Collection

Historic Views of the Holy Land: Bible Places - Views That Have Vanished

Pictorial Library of Bible Lands: Trees, Plants, and Flowers of the Holy Land

Pictorial Library of Bible Lands: Cultural Images of the Holy Land

I wish the entire set of the Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands was available. The Accordance PhotoGuide set is a similar and is an excellent set. With no disrespect for the PhotoGuide, I would love the Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands to be available in Accordance for several reasons. First, the photos are second to none. They frequently appear in several other works. They are that good. Second, and not to be discounted, the notes attached to the photos are extremely helpful. 

His new set is remarkable and extremely useful. Great for preaching and teaching.

Edited by Tony Lawrence, 17 August 2017 - 07:33 AM.

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#3 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • Accordance Version:3.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

I wish the entire set of the Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands was available. With no disrespect for the PhotoGuide, I would love the Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands to be available in Accordance for several reasons.
First, the photos are second to none.
Second, and not to be discounted, the notes attached to the photos are extremely helpful. 

I have the cultural images set and totally agree with this.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#4 Jessica333

Jessica333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands has become essential to my teaching  ministry.  Dr. Todd Bolen's recent release of the Photo Companion to the Bible  is simply incomparable. An integration of the Photo Companion to the Bible (www.bibleplaces.com/gospels/) with Accordance would be a stunning combination.  

Edited by Jessica333, 23 August 2017 - 02:42 PM.

• arnehalbakken and Benjamin Gladd like this

#5 A.D. Riddle

A.D. Riddle

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, historical geography, ANE history and languages, Bible history, archaeology
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

The Photo Companion to the Bible is strictly PowerPoint files, so it would be a little harder to convert this to Accordance. I guess you essentially would have to take screen captures of each individual slide, in order not to miss out on all the labels and markings made over the photos in PowerPoint.

I have to agree, the Photo Companion is a fantastic achievement and, I expect, will become a very useful and helpful resource to many. It is BiblePlaces.com's most important work to date. Can't wait for more books to be completed.

A.D.

#6 jryan

jryan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:14 AM

I hope Accordance can find a way to offer the collection or import the PowerPoint files within Accordance.

• Fabian likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users