#1 gugu009

gugu009

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Is it possible to make it so when you're in your preferences and you change a setting and you click OK, the preferences window doesn't close?  Usually, there would be a button like APPLY, which would accept the changed setting but not close the preferences window.  I find myself having to continually reopen the preferences window when I'm playing around with the settings.  I know there's a shortcut to open the preferences, but it would be good to see the changed setting in effect with the window still open after saving, so i can keep playing around with it without having to constantly reopen the preferences window.  thanks so much!

edit: actually this would apply to all types of setting changes, e.g. when changing background color of a pane

Edited by gugu009, 17 August 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#2 gugu009

gugu009

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

i guess i'm the only one who gets bugged by this. haha

#3 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Don't the settings apply as and when you select them? They do for me. Just go through all the options you want to change and then close the preferces window.

Edited by Alistair, 18 August 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#4 gugu009

gugu009

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Don't the settings apply as and when you select them? They do for me. Just go through all the options you want to change and then close the preferces window.

they do.  but what i'm saying is sometimes i want to see how each setting looks (and not just in the preview) without having to continually reopen the preferences windows.  and i usually play around with each setting one at a time, not all together.  command + comma is a workaround to reopen it quickly, i guess.  guess nobody is as ocd as I am!

#5 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

While it doesn't bug me much I can see the utility, but first I would like a search feature in the prefs.

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 11.1.6 and 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Professional x64

#6 gugu009

gugu009

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

While it doesn't bug me much I can see the utility, but first I would like a search feature in the prefs.

Thx

D

ill take your comment as saying it does at least slightly bug you, just for my comfort. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users