Recharging an iPad Pro (9.7") on an airplane?

Julia Falling

Can I expect my battery to last on a long flight, bluetooth & wi-fi off?  Do I need charging options?  Battery pack?  Adapter?  

Thanks!

How long is journey? What you planning on using it for?

I used my ipad 2 to read and listen to music from netherlands to peru with airplane mode (about 12 hours from memory) but not continuous, bit of eating and wandering about. Not used it to watch videos. But always keep my ipod and iphone as backups.

Dont remember charging during flight or if there were options to charge. Possibly check with airline, usually sockets available to plug in cleaner etc.

Edited by ukfraser

There  are battery charging packs you can buy but i am not sure about if they are allowed on the flights. If you dim the screen put it into airplane mood you should get about 10 hours of use on a charge I seem to remember getting that much time with the wifi on but I know it all depends on many different conditions.

-dan

I've never gone through my battery on a flight using any of the various iPads I've had since 2010. If you're on an international flight that is going to last longer than 10 or so hours, they usually have electrical outlets under the seat so that you can charge while using. 

We're looking at NE Tennessee to Berlin, layovers in Charlotte, NC, and Spain (can't remember which city).  I could charge in Charlotte, if necessary, but the flight from here to Charlotte is a short one.  

I'm thinking I need to take a book.

I watch Dividing Line episodes at home, and haven't been good about turning off bluetooth when I don't need it.  That probably eats my battery, making me think that it won't last.  I will be using my iPad only to read on the plane.

Edited by Julia Falling

We're looking at NE Tennessee to Berlin, layovers in Charlotte, NC and Spain (can't remember which city).  

I bet your seat will have outlets on the flight to Berlin. 

Looks like I don't need a battery pack.  Do the underseat chargers work without an adapter?  (American Airlines)

Some seats have USB ports and some have full outlets. When I travel, I usually carry a full cord and brick for laptop, phone, and tablet with me (as opposed to packed in checked luggage) in case of unplanned delays. 

Some seats have USB ports and some have full outlets. When I travel, I usually carry a full cord and brick for laptop, phone, and tablet with me (as opposed to packed in checked luggage) in case of unplanned delays. 

I do the same.  Sometimes checked baggage doesn't get there when the passengers do.

• Like 1