Greek unicode fonts from HTML import into User Tool

dfish@occ.edu

We start classes this week, and I have been doing some experimentation of importing unicode multilingual text into User Tools, for my own personal use (not for distribution). The Greek text is imported as strange random characters, rendering it virtually useless.

There might be something in Preferences not set quite right that will work around this problem. I'll try to insert a screen capture of some text that shows the display inside my HTML-imported User Tool, as compared with the display as it should be.

Text should look like this:

1 Παῦλος   ἀπόστολος Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ   διὰ θελήματος θεοῦ   τοῖς ἁγίοις τοῖς οὖσιν   [ἐν Ἐφέσῳ]   καὶ πιστοῖς   ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ, 2 χάρις ὑμῖν καὶ εἰρήνη   ἀπὸ θεοῦ πατρὸς ἡμῶν   καὶ κυρίου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ.
VERSE 1
Παῦλος ἀπόστολος Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ διὰ θελήματος θεοῦ
The anar. proper name Παῦλος is a nom. abs. since it is not grammatically the subj. of a verb. Ἀπόστολος is also in the nom. case because it is in appos. to Παῦλος, further describing oridentifying the author and is anar. because Paul is only one apostle among many. This term has three different uses: (1) technical; (2) semitechnical; and (3) nontechnical. The technical userefers specifically to the Twelve (Matt 10:2; Acts 1:13; 1 Cor 15:5, 7) and Paul (1 Cor 9:1; 15:9) who were chosen and commissioned by Jesus to have a unique position in the founding of theChurch. The semitechnical use refers to leaders who were commissioned by Jesus or the church (James [1 Cor 15:7; Gal 1:19]; Barnabas [1 Cor 15:5–6; cf. Acts 14:4, 14], and possiblyApollos [1 Cor 4:6, 9] and Andronicus and Junia [Rom 16:7]). The nontechnical use refers to a messenger, representative, or emissary who is on a temporary assignment (Epaphroditus[Phil 2:25] and Titus’s two companions [2 Cor 8:23]). In Ephesians the term ἀπόστολος is later coupled with προφῆται (“prophets”), the latter term always occurring second (2:20; 3:5;4:11; cf. 1 Cor 12:28–29).

Instead, it looks like the attached image.

I would be extremely thankful for any help in this matter. Blessings!

post-34100-0-04399700-1503236562_thumb.jpg