SALE! Hermeneia, Pillar, New Titles & More

R. Mansfield

BIG TENT PUBLISHER'S SALE! Save big on HERMENEIA, PILLAR + new and favorite PREACHING & HERMENEUTICS titles for Accordance!

Special prices on the titles listed above cannot be combined with other discounts and will end on August 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM EDT.

For more information, see today's blog post

• Like 2

Whoa is correct! I grabbed Hermeneia shortly after I saw the blog this morning. I have not seen it a price this low in the past on any system or format.

Another terrific Tuesday,

Joseph

• Like 2

This is the time to buy the Pillar set, but I just spent more than I should have for last week's NIGTC sale. 

I already own Carson on John in the set, but I can't see how I can find my way to splurge again. Not after buying an iPad Pro. Too bad.

Whoa is correct! I grabbed Hermeneia shortly after I saw the blog this morning. I have not seen it a price this low in the past on any system or format.

Joseph

Glad for you, and as good as it is keep you eyes pealed for Continental Commentary Series I am not sure if Accordance has any plans for it but while not quite the calibre of Hermeneia in some cases I almost prefer it (the psalms in CCS for me are usually more useful to my studies than the Hermeneia ones). 

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

Glad for you, and as good as it is keep you eyes pealed for Continental Commentary Series I am not sure if Accordance has any plans for it but while not quite the calibre of Hermeneia in some cases I almost prefer it (the psalms in CCS for me are usually more useful to my studies than the Hermeneia ones). 

-dan

Indeed, I keep  hoping that CCS will show up in Accordance some day. Thank you for reminding me of its value !

Joseph

I would love Hermeneia as well, however we did also just have the WBC sale. So I too have just purchased WBC, and also an iPad.  Im probably going to have to hold on it and hope it comes back up on sale in a year.

• Like 1

Joseph

That is not quite correct; Word search has it on sale for $349.95 and it's a 51 volumes set instead of 49. So for 95 cents more you get two additional volumes

I'd like to add one thing, though. For this caliber commentary I'd recommend you get it from Accordance since the formatting quality would probably be way better than the one WS offers. Big technical commentaries I'd rather get them in Logos or Accordance instead of WORDsearch.

That is not quite correct; Word search has it on sale for $349.95 and it's a 51 volumes set instead of 49. So for 95 cents more you get two additional volumes I got the 69 volume set which includes Hermeneia and Continental commentaries from Logos for around that price. So it's been on sale before and with more content

Ah yes, the problem with not checking all sources exhaustively! I keep forgetting about WS and I knew another company had both Hermeneia and Continental, but I must not have seen it when it was on sale. Thanks for the correction. 

Shalom,

Joseph

Well Joseph, as I stated in my previous post; you're better off getting the set from Accordance anyway. WORDsearch is good for some stuff, but with commentaries I'd rather go with Accordance or Logos.

I got the 69 volume set which includes Hermeneia and Continental commentaries from Logos for around that price. So it's been on sale before and with more content

You mean Logos offered _both_ Hermeneia and Continental for just around $350? :o

Edited by Anthony Sepulveda

Not that I saw Antony but they have a sale on now that would get it for 40% off regular price but only if you bought 5 sets of books otherwise only 20% off and I believe that was around $900 (prices listed for me are in Canadian dollars).

-dan

Anyone has read Faithful Preaching and Reading Jesus's Bible? If yes, what are your thoughts on them? Unfortunately, No real samples online for Faithful preaching and only a few for Reading Jesus's Bible.

Thanks!

I dont know how big the samples are but both are available in kindle in the uk so you may be able to download samples in your country. (I am Not suggesting you buy kindle though and some samples are so short as to not be much use).

Edited by ukfraser

I dont know how big the samples are but both are available in kindle in the uk so you may be able to download samples in your country. (I am Not suggesting you buy kindle though and some samples are so short as to not be much use).

Must be a UK thing, but Faithful Preaching yields no results here in America. Reading Jesus's Bible does.

@Diatheke76

Do you mean Merida or House and Payne or ... ? There is more than one work entitled Faithful Preaching with different subtitles. They have a Look Inside on amazon.

thx

D

@Diatheke76

Do you mean Merida or House and Payne or ... ? There is more than one work entitled Faithful Preaching with different subtitles. They have a Look Inside on amazon.

thx

D

House and Payne. I have Merida and it's too basic; so I was wondering about the new similar title on sale:

This one: https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Faithful+Preaching&cart_action=add&cart_type=cart&cart_pid=Faithful+Preaching#Faithful_Preaching

Edited by Diatheke76

Here is a look inside link, some pages are missing but its a reasonable sample size. It may work for you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Faithful-Preaching-Preparing-Delivering-Transformational/dp/1942614071/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503595003&sr=8-5&keywords=Faithful+preaching

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks ukFraser! That helped. I went ahead and got both books

This is the time to buy the Pillar set, but I just spent more than I should have for last week's NIGTC sale. 

I already own Carson on John in the set, but I can't see how I can find my way to splurge again. Not after buying an iPad Pro. Too bad.

Just like NIGTC, this sale was just too good to pass up. I now have my two primary NT commentary sets. The only NT books left "uncovered" by these two sets are Ephesians and 1 Peter.

Heads up! Here's your LAST CHANCE to save 58% OFF Hermeneia + discounts on Pillar, new hermeneutics & preaching titles and more! Sale ends at midnight EDT tonight!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Some of the titles you'll see at the Fortress Press booth #2021 

http://www.augsburgfortress.org/media/email/FP/October_2017/AAR-SBL_2017/Hermeneia.jpg Hermeneia

Philippians | $34.30 at AAR/SBL
Paul’s letter to the Philippians offers treasures to the reader—and historical and theological puzzles as well. Paul A. Holloway treats the letter as a literary unity and a letter of consolation, according to Greek and Roman understandings of that genre, written probably in Rome and thus the latest of Paul’s letters to come down to us.

I see Fortress Press will be at AAR/SBL annual meeting with a new title in the Hermeneia series. I have the other volumes in Accordance. Will Accordance be adding this title?

I see Fortress Press will be at AAR/SBL annual meeting with a new title in the Hermeneia series. I have the other volumes in Accordance. Will Accordance be adding this title?

I have no doubt we will offer it, but there's no release date at the moment.

• 2 years later...