Mellel 4 released

R. Mansfield

Sorry you had issues with Nisus Writer Pro crashing. It hasn't crashed once on my iMac running High Sierra.

Mellel is also VERY solid, and I never had it crash either. Hebrew support is solid as well, and performance is great. It also syncs well with iPads should you need it. It takes a little time to learn, but now that I've spent more time with other word processors, I finally "get" it now. 

You'll be very pleased with Mellel. It's one solid program.

Nota Bene is excellent as well and one I've enjoyed using. Personally I own Nota Bene, Mellel, and Nisus Writer Pro, and I enjoy all three of them depending on the task I do. You really can't go wrong as long as you find one solid for your needs.

• 1 month later...

Finally I revise my judgment about Nisus Writer Pro, now using the very last version. It does not crash whatever Hebrew or even the Apple Hebrew Keyboard (which I only use normally to give a Jewish taste to the end of some of my mails, but not in my docs) . During black Friday I did buy Mellel, but I need a few days free to learn how tu use it. It is raher complicated in regard with the high flexibility of Nisus, at least for someone a little bit rigid with electronics as I am.

Anyway, thank you all for the interesting reactions of yours. I wish you a happy new civil year feast.

By the way, Nisus Writer Pro recently released an update that resolved many of the issues people were having with High Sierra. It's great that they sent this out, and for those who had issues with Nisus Writer Pro and High Sierra, you should be set now.

On the flip side, NB12 is coming, and I've been beta testing it and found a few last minute major bugs the developers need to know about, so I'll get those reported ASAP so they're not in the shipping version. :-)

I had a look at Mellel 4 but since the update to Scrivener 3 I see no need to change my workflow.

It seems to be a good choice for anyone who need to type a lot of Hebrew or other RTL languages, from what I've read.