Jumping to verse without limiting text displayed?

Ιακοβ

When I jump to a verse, i.e. "Ezek 4:3", it only shows one verse. I then have to tap the screen to bring up the menu, and then tap the "glasses" button to bring back the other verses.

I jump to verses all the time, at least several times per day, sometimes a lot more. This extra two taps is quite tedious. It would be great if this could be fixed.

What about setting context to all when you enter verse?

But i dont like searching as this gives me the goggles and i have to click back. so i find it quicker to select from grid than to type and then come out of search mode.

Just as well we are all different and accordance has given us different ways to get the same result but for me, selecting from grid is the way i have found works for me.

;o)

The images were entered in order of the text but you need to view them right to left. ;o(

post-31185-0-08144300-1504080215_thumb.png

post-31185-0-71216600-1504080230_thumb.png

post-31185-0-27725800-1504080503_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks mate, my 'options' are already 'set range to' '[all text]'. But your right, everyones different, I find the grid thingy quite annoying. I find it much quicker to type "Ezek 4:3" than to scroll around the list of books of the bible then the list of chapters/numbers.

The range is what you are 'searching'. Its the context (underneath it) you need to expand to all text.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Also in settings under "Text Views Settings" you can permanently set "Show Context" to "All"

• Like 1

Thanks michael, i was thinking about that and just came back to edit my last postand you had beaten me to it.

;o)

• Like 1

I would leave it set to context off, but instead use the location bar (bottom right of workspace) to jump to where you want to go.

Sorry ken, where?

Is that a setting you have used in your preferences? I am just getting verse and blank screen hence the two taps at the start of the thread.

with context on, you get the full text, but its still in search mode so two taps to go somewhere else, and that is where, in this case, accordance have anticipated and provided for our different preferences in working.

;o)

post-31185-0-50922700-1504164240_thumb.png

post-31185-0-96381300-1504165819_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser