Eink devices suggestions?

Mutien Chen

I use Accordance every day not only on my macbook pro but also iPad. Recently I found that it's getting harder to overcome the fatigue of eyes. Does any one have any experience on using eink devices as a second monitor or reader can share? I'm looking for a better study solution to overcome the problem. Thanks!

This is a problem for me during intense weeks of assignments/study. For me its:

1. Turn off auto-brightness, and keep the light setting as low as you can while still being comfortable. Over time, you will probably get comfortable at a lower light level than you are now.

2. Get a kindle, the type which doesn't have a back light at all, use it when you have an excessive amount of reading to do.

3. Regularly look up and away to distant objects. I don't have a good way to remind myself to do this though, except read lots of stuff that makes me need to think which typically makes me look away from the screen :D

Edited by Ιακοβ

3. Regularly look up and away to distant objects. I don't have a good way to remind myself to do this though, except read lots of stuff that makes me need to think which typically makes me look away from the screen :D

When i was working and using computer screens all day, i got up and made a drink, every hour on the hour.

I find the ipad pro to be a significant step up with the change in colour temperature. Was sceptical but cant believe the effect the warmer temperature has. And agree about turning down the brightness.

I find it much easier to read the ipad than i do books now, especially for longer periods, plus selecting comfortable font size.

Not used a kindle.

Edited by ukfraser