Request for Function to Display Distribution of Words by Percentage

KOH CHIN GAY

I will like to request for a function that allows the distribution of a particular word, say ἀρχιερεὺς, in percentage. For instance, from the Table function under the current Analytics, I can find out that the word appears in the book of Hebrews 17 times out of its 122 occurrences in the New Testament. So can we have a function that shows the the percentage of its total occurrences in each of the books of the New Testament, i.e. 13.9% in Hebrews, 18% in Acts, 17.2% in John, 12.3% in Luke, 18% in Mark & 20.5% in Matthew. It will be good to have a pie chart to represent this distribution? Thanks!

• Like 1

It's hard to show this in a pie chart, but the Table and Table chart both offer "average Hits" which is "Hits per 1000 words" and you just move the point one space to get the percentage. Both can be sorted by the count.

There was this year a similar suggestion, but only for one book. Like " i.e. 13.9% in Hebrews". But your is above and I would love to have this too.

Greetings

Fabian

Helen

The "Hits per 1000 words" refers to the number of occurrence of a particular word compared with the total number of every word in that particular book.

What I am requesting is different. I am refering to the distribution of that particular word across every book in which that word also occurs.

In other words, the total number of occurrence in that book divided by the total number of occurrence in every book.

Perhaps the function could also display the percentage of the number of occurrences in a chapter over that in that particular book.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...