New Install on PC - What can I copy from where ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am doing a new PC setup and I've pretty much managed to bring over all the previous machine's data - swapped the SSD into the new machine.

Now of course I'm reinstalling the software but I have a bunch of modules to download and a bunch of workspaces.

I'm not especially worried about downloading the modules again but I would like to preserve my preferences setup and such. I believe I can just copy my preferences over to the new location - note that I have moved both my own Documents directory to the second SSD (which is the SSD I swapped from the other machine) and moved the Accordance Support Files location to that new machine. I don't expect this will complicate anything but in case it does let me know. It seems to be working fine so far.

So the questions :

1. Can I just shutdown Acc and copy my original prefs into the C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences directory and restart ? I assume I can just copy this whole directory to here. I am concerned though that perhaps the old file locations my be preserved in some prefs leading to issues. Is that an issue ?

2. If I do an uninstall of Acc on my old windows machine will that reduce the count of installs that I have done under my license ? Or should do the uninstall and then call you ? I am re-purposing that laptop for my kids to use and they will not use Acc on that machine.

3. I am assuming I can just copy all my workspaces and user notes/tools/stacks etc. over - basically I am thinking I can copy the entire Documents/Accordance Files/ dir to the new location. Is that correct ? Any gotchas anyone can think of ?

I am in the process of downloading modules at present as simply trying to copy one over resulted in an error about file types. But once that's done I'll want to do the stuff above. So any thoughts on this would be helpful. In any case I'll report back any issues I have.

Tx

D

I think you will have issues with file locations if you copy the entire Preferences.

You should have no problem copying all the Accordance Files in Documents.

Uninstalling from the old machine will not reduce the count of Validations. Those are limited but to much more than the five current installations that you are allowed. The validation count can be reset if you do exceed it, and explain why.

I'm afraid you are correct Helen. The General.prefs is unhappy leading to a crash on startup. I'll try to pick just what I need - like the Search Ranges and such.

My guess is that I should probably have set the locations up as they were and then altered them using the Utilities menu Accordance Support Files option but even then I'm not sure if that would have worked.

I have copied my own data over as you said.

I think I'll probably just manually setup the prefs as that's not especially onerous.

Regarding validations - no worries - thanx for this. If I hit any issues I'll call.

Many thanx

D