This Search Freezes Everything

rwrobinson88

I've now tried to do this search (based on 1 John 2.2) twice. 

Both times, I get the colorful wheel of death and have to force quit the program. 

I've noticed a difficulty the program has running complex searches like this at times. Can anyone speak to how I could actually search this or if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks! 

post-33565-0-05055700-1504527506_thumb.png

I would just suggest removing elements one by one until you get a search that works. Searching for Nulls is inherently tricky.

I was able to run it against 1 John and get the v 2:2 hit.

Running against the whole NT or the Johannine corpus both hang.

I can can run it ok against 1-3 John and Jude and Revelation. No hits found.

1 Peter spins.

My guess is this is a data related issue - when the query processor hits complex data with this query it spins. I left it running for a while to see if it was simply a resource issue, which it could be but it didn't complete. Doesn't seem to be increasing it's memory usage though.

I tested this is on Mac.

Thx

D

I can confirm that when you set the range to 1 John it gets the hit. I changed it to all of John's literature and it freezes. 

I did as Helen suggested, I removed the first null predicate and it worked just fine on the whole of the new testament. Yet, this isn't what I'm looking for because it finds a predicate that is present. 

Helen, should this just be considered a bug that your team will look into?

I didn't hear back concerning to my question above. I just want to confirm that accordance is considering this a bug that they will look into.