Copying Greek to MS Word

JakeBondo

I am trying to copy section of Greek from USB5 into a Word document.  I am able to copy the same text into a Pages Document but not into Word. When I try to copy from Pages to Word I get a lot of random characters.   For an assignment I am supposed to use the TekniaGreek font. I have tried to change the font in accordance via preferences and I have tried several other ways but cannot get the passage to correctly paste into Word.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am using Accordance 11.2.4 on Mac OS High Sierra. I have been using the Public Beta of the new OS. 

Hi Jake,

Interestingly, if I paste from Acc to Pages or Mellel, select it and change to Teknia, π is missing. And, you can't type the π in with a Greek keyboard. If I select it and change to Galatia SIL, everything appears normal. See screenshot:

post-32543-0-58336800-1504728057_thumb.png

Regarding Word (Version 15.39), if I copy and paste from Acc to Pages to Word, select it, and change to Teknia, it works for me, except π is missing again. Everything appears normal in Galatia SIL.

post-32543-0-45756900-1504728069_thumb.png

All of the above is also true if you copy and paste from Logos. So, I think it is the Font. Perhaps you should inform them that this problem occurs in Word, Pages, and Mellel.

Regards,

Michel

Which version of Word?

Greetings

Fabian

I am using MS Word 15.37.  If I paste from another source such as https://www.academic-bible.com/en/online-bibles/greek-new-testament-ubs5/read-the-bible-text, the font seems to work just fine.

So it seems to be an issue with the text from accordance to Word and Pages...I think. 

Hi again,

I've got the latest Office Insider Fast Word, from yesterday at least, and I just tried copying and pasting from your site, and I get the same results - no π . So I wonder if it's the latest beta your using, or your using Accordance 11.2.4.

Regards,

Michel

We have updated the copy and paste routines in version 12, and I highly recommend upgrading to the full 12, especially if you are using a new OS. We also have a beautiful Unicode font called Accordance, and of course you want to export and import your text in Unicode.

FWIW, three Unicode fonts pasted from latest Acc 12 into latest Word 15.39:

post-32543-0-88821900-1504734608_thumb.png