Lite or Starter? (newbie)

anders

I am totally new to Accordance (and all Bible software). For the sake of the morphology (tagging), I have now decided to place an order for these two products:

NA28 Greek New Testament with Apparatus and tagging

Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia with Apparatus and tagging

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=BHS-T 

I wish to run them on two platforms: 

Mac OX 10.11.6

Windows 10

(From the website I can see that a single license will suffice.) I have two questions: 

1. Do I need to purchase the Starter or can I run the above two products on the Lite?

2. Is there a smarter/cheaper way is doing this, i.e. have I overlooked a bundled product of some sort?

Thank you

Regards

Anders 

Anders,

Welcome to Accordance!! I am sure more will chime in, but I am relatively certain that the Lite version does not have all of the features of Accordance unlocked. If you are interested in working with original languages it is indeed worth the cost of the Starter to unlock those features.

As for packages, I would suggest looking at the comparison chart (https://www.accordancebible.com/Collections-Comparison). Again, it would be worth the money to start with the Greek & Hebrew learner at least IMHO.

Blessings!

• Like 1

I'm a newbie to Accordance too. I started with the Stater package, but quickly moved to the Triple Learner.

IMPORTANT thing to keep in mind. If you're "making the switch" to Accordance use the corresponding coupon. It will save you a lot of money and to have decent functionality the Triple Learner is your best bang for your money.

For me Accordance is not my main software but I have added some great resources that my main Bible software doesn't offer.

Overall I'm satisfied with Accordance. Your money will be well spent/invested

Check out this set of limitations https://www.accordancebible.com/Lite-Limitations/for a comparison of functions available, and see what you need or want.

Thx

D

Hi Revtim, דָנִיאֶל and Diatheke76

Thank you very much for your helpful input!

I have a specific question for דָנִיאֶל please – so Starter corresponds to “Full” on the page you link to, is that so?

Thank you

Anders

Lite is like a try out and is fairly functional.... However as you see above there are limitations.  The cost of starter  would not even pay for hard copies of the included copyrighted books so it remains a great bargain for new users. I can hardily recommend the starter as a wise investment but if you feel like just dipping your toe in the water with lite I think you will be somewhat satisfied. The lite really is intended for those wanting to try it out, indeed when 12 came out and lite was an option... former users were able to try out many of the new features of 12 before deciding I want this upgrade (lite did unfortunately cut off atlas function and timeline function, but again lite is made to be a sample even for previous users, please note timeline and atlas are not part of beginner just require the full program of 12 to function verses the 12 lite. However one great blessing of 12 lite is it gives anyone the power to download it and with a simple sign up you can get enough public domain works and the ESV with strongs to offer a Christian a good access free of charge to study the Bible on their computer or phone (android coming soon we are told).

-dan

If you are interested in original language there are a couple of original language starters as well as the greek hebrew learner are worth considering.

https://www.accordancebible.com/Primary-Collections

As others have said, lite is good to try out but there is some functionality disabled. Starter gives you the full product with no limitations in functionality. Starter comes with a number of resources and the other packages add resources but you still get the same core product as in starter.

I have a specific question for דָנִיאֶל please – so Starter corresponds to “Full” on the page you link to, is that so?

Hi Anders,

The Lite version is the only version with limited functionality in the application. All the others have full functionality (the Full column). The chart contains information about two distinct things - the functions available in the application, and the included modules. The first was the main reason I posted the link. And in that case the Full version is any non-Lite Accordance package as that will give you all the application features. Regarding the second aspect, the included modules in the Full list are probably Starter just looking at them. But other packages would include more modules and the Full application.

Now you asked two specific questions. According to https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Liteyou can add "Add your favorite Bible version or almost any title in our store."  I don't know if the two OL modules would be included in "almost any" but I would expect so. Double check with Sales ( orders@accordancebible.com) if you need to be absolutely sure. But I do know that some things I do routinely with those modules you cannot do with Lite - construct search being probably the most significant. Nor do the syntax modules work with Lite and I use them a lot.

Regarding q2 you will get "better value for money" as they say, buying packages that include the modules you are looking at but I don't think it will actually be cheaper initially. But you may spend more in the long run if you buy more in Accordance you can save money buying packages. So smarter vs cheaper, will depend on what you wish to do.

If you are looking to do OL work, as I might guess you plan to given the modules you mention, then there are packages aimed at that which may save you money in the long run.

Thx

D