Sync Workspaces and Library Organization

mortenjensen

Hi,

I would like to suggest that Workspaces and Library Organization is synced to Dropbox along with the other things right now. 

I find that adjustment to my workspaces and organization of the ressources is something I do a lot and would like to keep in sync between my two computers.

Would this be possible?

In the meantime: Is it correctly understood that if I manually sync this folder: /User/Library/Preference/Acoordance Preferences - then these tow things will be synced?

Morten

Btw: As I understand it, if you use Windows, you can manually place this folder in your Dropbox-folder and then have an ongoing syncing. This is not possible in Mac.

• Like 5

[Copied this from an older post of mine]

I have successfully (anecdotally) been able to manually copy the files from one machine to another.  This will get the modules and your preferences: 

/Users/accountName/Library/Application Support/Accordance/      <<< Your modules are in here

/Users/accountName/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/

To note, this can be fraught with some peril and I would do so at your own risk and with a good backup, but generally has worked ok for me.   You need to make sure to not copy the Library Cache in one of the folders or be sure to delete it after you copy it or Accordance will fail to launch correctly on the target machine.  You could probably do this with Finder or with a number of terminal commands.  I happen to use rsync.  My actual bash script follows (obviously you need to replace accountName and targetHost with your own variants):

rsync -avzE /Users/accountName/Library/Application\ Support/Accordance/ targetHost:"/Users/accountName/Library/Application\ Support/Accordance/"

rsync -avzE --exclude="Library Cache" /Users/accountName/Library/Preferences/Accordance\ Preferences/ targetHost:"/Users/accountName/Library/Preferences/Accordance\ Preferences/"

Again, no warranties!!     :)   There may be risks here that I'm completely unaware of.

+1 for this. I work on a Mac 99% and a PC 1% ... it would be nice to have the library organization synched.

• Like 1

Thanks Rich

Would you know where the workspace file and the library organization is stored exactly? Perhaps it would be enough just to copy that.

Morten

• 2 months later...

I would benefit tremendously from this feature. I have had to recreate my library organization more than once and this is quite time consuming. It makes sense to be able to save our library organization and recall it later, rather than having to do it manually.

Edited by Ken Hall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

+1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just happen to see this discussion and I'd like to ask if anyone is still syncing Accordance Library Organization by syncing the two folders (~/Library/Application Support/Accordance & ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ ) between Macs. And hope that my question doesn't violate any rules.

I used to sync these two folders between my Macs using dropbox (with symbolic link, which allow us to sync any folder outside the Dropbox folder), however, every time when I open Accordance after updating the two folders from the cloud, Accordance will Validate itself immediately:

post-32848-0-81365100-1541332684_thumb.png

It's not a big problem at first, but after a while, I received a warning that I had used up all my “validation quota.” Which means I couldn't use Accordance again until my “validation quota” is reset by customer service of Accordance (they graciously reset it for me that time.)

Does any one have the same problem when syncing Library Organization by syncing the two folders? Am I missing any thing to make it works without having to validate Accordance every time after the folders being updated from the cloud? (All the Accordance on my Macs were validated during the first run long time ago...)

Thank you very much!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

+1

yes please

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely!!