High Sierra

A. Smith

I searched and surprisingly didn't see anything. Is everything good to go with MacOS High Sierra and Accordance?

As far as I know. I've been running High Sierra for a couple of months without any incident attributed to it. 

• Like 1

I haven't tested it enough since I upgraded 2 hours before, but so far the first time without hassle from the side of Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

Accordance works great on High Sierra. I've been using it every day since the Developer Preview was first released.

Just out of curiosity: Do you notice any speed improvement - or any other good thing - that should make one upgrade?

I am running on a 2012-mbp with an after-installed SSD. Not the fastest system in the world. I have just this week updated to Sierra, since I try to hold back until Apple has fixed the first sway of bugs in their non-beta versions (one time I lost the ability to connect properly to the WIFI-signal due to a bug that took the, half-a-year to fix after the initial release ...).

Morten

Sweet. I'll go upgrade now, then. Thanks, everyone!

It feels faster than Sierra, but I'm running it on a very fast 15" MacBook Pro. It seems to be a lot like the upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard. Not a lot of obvious new features, but some important under-the-hood improvements. It uses a new file system and is completely 64-bit. Little things like using Get Info to find the size of a folder now happens instantly. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

yes i agree that accordance seems faster on high sierra.  my workspaces are loading faster than it did before, which is a pleasant surprise!

• Like 1

Hi,

Based on your endorsements, I just upgraded. Accordance along everything else I use with it seems faster - Mellel, Word, Scrivener, PDF Expert, BW, and L. I'm very impressed and happy with OSX since I switched entirely from Windows a year ago.

Thanks.

Michel

• Like 2

I'm finding it faster as well. Although initially my workspace wouldn't open. Restarted the app (crashed twice) and it now it's working without hiccup. 

Anyone tried this on a 2009 iMac ? I actually didn't think that was supported but apparently it is.

Thx

D

The Finder in High Sierra appears subjectively faster and more responsive, but I also freed up lots of space from my HD, as it was down to 150GB and I try to keep a minimum of 10% free (i.e 300GB). Now with over 650GB of free space it seems really zippy.

Jordan, I believe that highlights are stored in Documents/Accordance Files/Highlights/My Highlights.hlt. Has this file been transferred? Or do you have a backup of it somehow?

I cannot see how High Sierra can cause this not to work. Perhaps it is simply missing somehow.

Morten

I lost all my highlights somehow. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jordan, I wonder if perhaps somehow Accordance got switched to a different highlights file. You can look at the menu in the highlights window to determine which highlights file you're using. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-27%20at%2012.54.

In regards to snappiness and speed on high sierra, I can confirm what others have stated above: Accordance does indeed feel snappier.

On my 2011 MBP (ssd) as well as on my 2013 air (1.7 i7), I have noticed som sluggines once several tabs, panes and workspaces are opened at the same time. This has gotten better. Just great.

Btw, speaking of this, what is reasonable to expect here? If I only have one tab open, acc. immediately responses, when I call up a text. If I open a couple of additional tabs with ties, a lag on half a second or so is experienced.

Is this what to expect on my systems?

What are your experiences here?

Morten

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else having "full screen" trouble since upgrading to High Sierra? 

I was accustomed to using Accordance in "full screen" mode, closing the application and re-opening it in that same view. Mac geniusly allowed me to open Accordance on startup in full screen view. Now I can't do that. Accordance won't launch in full screen.  

Any tips or insights?

Thanks. 

-tkm

There is a little bit of discussion here about some full-screen quirks as well:  https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22585-full-screen-mode-startup-and-high-sierra/

That said, most of my issues occurred before High Sierra I believe (although opening in full screen in a basic use case / no tabs might have worked fine in Sierra - can't recall).

• 1 month later...

Installed High Sierra several weeks ago on a 27 inch IMac 2011 i5 8gig and MacBook pro early 2015. 

I'm running Accordance 9.6 with ancient Gramcord modules. I'm not having any trouble with Accordance. I'm not a power user. I typically access less than 5% of the feature set. Almost exclusively Greek & Hebrew lexical and syntax searching. 

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew
  • Like 2