In-text citations

jmireland

Is there an easy way to cite, say, a commentary, with an in-text citation (like Chicago 16th in-text)? My current process is quite laborious and I think there must be a better way (Using According 12.1.3). Currently, I have to highlight a relevant passage, copy and paste it into a blank word document, and then take the footnote info that is provided and translate that into an in-text citation for my document. 

Often, I am not wanting to quote the commentary, only to credit an idea and indicate my source. So, I don't need to do the cut and paste process, except that this seems to be the only way to produce a footnote that gives me the page number and publisher information. 

Someone please tell me that there is an easier way to do this!

thanks! 

I believe if you Copy As -> Bibliography, it will put just that citation information in the clipboard.  This should do exactly what you want in just the one step!

What would be sweet is if Accordance could add Copy as In-Text Citation or Copy as Parenthetical Citation. Settings could be used to choose from Turabian, SBL, MLA, etc.

jm: Are you sure that you were copying from a tool that has page numbers, and your bibliographic format (Preferences -> Bibliography) is a style that supports page numbers?  Did you get page numbers when extracting the citation in your old method?

Tim: What would be different about Copy as In-Text Citation than what we already do in Copy as Bibliography?

Joel,

I shot off my mouth before looking into it. I assumed that Copy as Bibliography would give a full bibliographical entry similar to what is produced at the end of a Copy as Citation ... I tried it out, and as you know, it appears I was totally wrong (not the first time and not the last)

Sorry.