User Notes and Text Formatting

jarcher

I've noticed that if I copy and paste text from one note into another note that it comes over with the appearance of the original formatting (e.g. bold) but once saved and seen from a view window (not edit window) it loses the copied formatting.

If I reenter the note to edit it it retains the bold appearance. I must reselect the text and redo the formatting manually (which causes no visible change to the text), save it, then it is correct.

Edit: This is on Mac OS X High Sierra with Accordance 12.1.3.

Edited by jarcher

Could Preferences: User Note Display: Standardize Text Display be affecting what you're seeing? 

Possibly but I don't think so as the notes do appear correctly (in the view window) after I manually update it.

However... I do standardize my notes text display so maybe that is contributing to the issue?

Edited by jarcher

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue with User Notes. Accordance 12.1.3, macOS High Sierra 10.13.0.

Right now the user notes for one of my notes is ALL a link (all underlined, blue). The user notes behavior now compared to Sierra 10.12 seems troubled. Starting a note brings up the notes right away (normally would ask which note to use). Sometimes it DOES ask which note. Sometimes the notes are all underlined (link). Sometimes they are completely devoid of formatting (no links, no bold, no underline, no italics, etc.). The notes have been very unreliable and almost scary, wondering if I'll lose formatting of my notes if I save/update them!

Seems like a bug brought on by High Sierra, although I don't remember the timing on Accordance 12.1.3.

The issue is not new to High Sierra.  I saw the same thing in Sierra.

If you want to specify style, it has to be at the blue arrows (or with the keyboard shortcuts), not at the red arrow.  The style at the red arrow seems to have no effect on what we see in the saved note.

post-330-0-18595900-1508700389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Julia Falling