Secondary Hebrew Lexicon or First Aramaic Lexicon?

Martin Z

Hello everyone,

I'm reading the Biblical Aramaic text these days. I use the CDCH lexicon for Hebrew in my preference, because it is indeed concise, so in most cases it works well in the Instant Details window.

But the problem with CDCH is that it does not contain the Aramaic entry. So when I press CMD or triple click to amplify on an Aramaic word, it only shows whatever cognitive Hebrew word in CDCH.

I'm wondering, if it is possible for Accordance to automatically switch to a "Secondary Hebrew Lexicon" that has Aramaic entries, or a "First Lexicon for Aramaic" text. In this way, when we press CMD or triple click on an Aramaic word, it will show the corresponding Aramaic entry. 

Also, there seems to be a problem even with a lexicon that has both Hebrew and Aramaic entries. For instance, when setting HALOT as the default Hebrew lexicon, triple clicking on an Aramaic word will search the Aramaic entry on the lexical window. This is perfect. But when pressing CMD, the ID window will show the Hebrew entry rather than the expected Aramaic entry. I'm wondering if this could be fixed?

Lexicons like BDB or HALOT are too lengthy for casual looking up. I would like to use the CDCH as the default lexicon if the proposed "secondary Hebrew lexicon" or "first Aramaic lexicon" is added.

Thanks,

Martin