Official iOS 11

ukfraser

How are people finding ios 11 now it has been officially released? I am a late adopter of software and usually wait for .1 release.

;o)

I’m like yourself a late adopter sometimes taking up to six months to upgrade my laptop and iPad as both are critical tools for my work.

This week while I am on a break due to school holidays I have upgraded both (and broken the above rule I normally set myself).

No problems so far though one of my ubersicht desktop widgets for Bluetooth is showing some errors.

Nice to have more room on my iPad dock.

Hi Fraser,

There already was a 11.0.1 update yesterday. Everything works the same for me as in 10.3. That is good and bad in my view. I eagerly awaited the Slide Over feature to use with Accordance, but it turns out it isn't a simple swipe like with every other app I use; it is a swipe, and then swipe the arrow that appears, too slow for my purposes.

I also have to say that on my iPad mini, Acc seems a bit slower when I long press to look up a word. No hard data to prove this, but I also thought High Sierra seemed faster and others agreed.

I still think it's the best biblical mobile app.

Regards,

Michel

iOS on older hardware anecdotally feels much slower to me — not just Accordance — everything.   On a brand new iPad 10.5" Pro, it feels perfectly snappy, but on an older iPhone and iPad, not so much.  Also, while my iPad operates beautifully with iOS 11, I've noticed some quirkiness on my iPhone, including dictation breaking, frequent pauses, etc.  I'm not unconvinced some of this is just related to an old (in modern smart phone parlance) phone.  So, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade on relatively modern hardware.  On older hardware, I'm sure by 11.1 they'll get a lot of the quirks worked out and performance improved somewhat.

Side note, I really haven't noticed any performance differences at all with High Sierra - pretty much an invisible upgrade.

I am happy with iOS11 on my iPhone 7 plus. I haven't really tried it out on my iPad Mini2 yet.

I am even happier with High Sierra on my 2011 MBP, though I should add that I have the quad-core processor in it.

I like it. My iPad is a bit too slow to use some of the cool features efficiently and it bogs down a bit (1st gen iPad). But it's still a worthy upgrade to me the the dock, control center and files updates, if nothing else. 

My iPhone 6 Plus absolutely D...R...A...A...A...Gs on iOS 11. Hopefully this gets fixed, because my recent purchase of a 10.5" iPad makes a phone upgrade very unlikely. If it keeps up like this, I hope a rollback is possible. We just came back from an errand and the directions function in the Apple mapping app was pretty much unusable. 

Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciated.

I have a 9.7 ipad pro so will probably upgrade when back in uk.

As to old equipment, my iphone 4s is stuck on 9! No longer available for ios upgrades but i mainly use it for reading on public transport or in the jungle, or in sermons so only need basic accordance functionality.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

11 works great on my 9.7 pro... left my phone untouched... my 6 will remain on 10. I will get a new phone later on this year.... leaving my 6 as a spare phone as i officially declared my 3GS dead... it is time to have a new emergency phone...

-dan

I have an iPhone 6s.  I upgraded yesterday – we were out of town and dependent on our iPhones for a week & a half and couldn't afford to have crippled phones if iOS 11 turned out to be buggy.  Accordance  seems to be running just fine, and I have noticed no lag.  I have 13-14 GB free.

I also just updated to High Sierra on my computers, both of which are running the latest version of Accordance.  Neither is "loaded" or new.  Again, everything seems to be fine.  

EDIT:  I also upgraded my iPad Pro (2016 release of 9.7").  Like my iPhone, all is working as expected with no noticeable lag – 50 GB free.

Edited by Julia Falling

I have an iPhone 6s.  I upgraded yesterday – we were out of town and dependent on our iPhones for a week & a half and couldn't afford to have crippled phones if iOS 11 turned out to be buggy.  Accordance  seems to be running just fine, and I have noticed no lag.  I have 13-14 GB free.

I also just updated to High Sierra on my computers, both of which are running the latest version of Accordance.  Neither is "loaded" or new.  Again, everything seems to be fine.  

EDIT:  I also upgraded my iPad Pro (2016 release of 9.7").  Like my iPhone, all is working as expected with no noticeable lag – 50 GB free.

Since iOS 11 update yesterday, things seem back to normal for the most part. None of the problems I had were with Accordance, it was other apps. I have a 64GB model, so memory is not an issue.