podcast ideas

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Unix

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Interests:Hebrew, "Gnosticism", Anglican books, (Environmental and a bit of Ethnological) History as well as that I've recently renewed interest in Architectual History and more modern Cultural History /Aug. 2. 2017, particular interest in texts copyrighted 1952-2010, Autumn '16 Greek. christianforums.com, unorthodoxchristian.freeforums.net Purchased Scrivener as both Win and Mac versions early June and a used Macbook Pro June 13., HDDRegenerator.net on July 17. 2015. Delayed install of my Accordance version upgrade to 12 a little, I've been satisfied with the availability of modules in the v.10 resource format - I just had one maintained version 10 installation - on the i3 quad core Dell laptop. /Aug. 2. 2017 Now I've installed 12 /Dec. 31. 2017
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

What can be done with English Pro Collection version 12 13 or 14 as prerequisite, that the Collection is not made for? Such as cognate languages, epigraphic (if You have Dictionary of Epigraphic Hebrew (DEH) as add-on to that), such as by through searches. I.e. based on content in commentaries included - even old and public-domain ones (as I'm a History of Ideas -buff I very much like to know if someone came up with something way back in time at least several decades or a century ago).

This would be helpful to discern more than what's likely/probable. To calculate the value for me of a high-end upgrade I really need to know more than what I can assume and it's really not helpful to know there are discount periods because I need to lay out very long-term strategies as it is ownership and may be passed on to a new generation in a very long time - so I don't want to keep the English Pro Collection even merely on my wishlist if that just serves as leaning to temptation for content rather than previews of what it can do.

Also adding to my way of supporting Accordance is that I don't want clutter in any form. My basic idea is that a high-end English Collection might at some iteration be worth my while if it differs enough from the expected builds (i.e. much that I don't have covered or covered in verbatim elsewhere), whereas I don't want even a mid-level (i.e. about exactly $400 - that's the only price-point of an upgrade I mint as "mid-level") languages upgrade. I buy languages as individual title add-ons (rarely used altough You can sell me that by contacting (I have HALOT and BDAG under Accordance)). I don't use the generic store-wide coupons.
Someone else doesn't have to follow my lead but I'm keeping an eye on this on the forums and sometimes search what podcasts there are.

I hade some foreign languages Bibles, good they are there to introduce more customers. (Which customers can be introduced may change soon enough in regards of purchasing power as some countries are now adding one or two of World's strongest currencies (not necessarily fiat ones), more about currencies off-site: https://www.accordan...as/#entry113077)

Please SEE THIS recent LINK about Bible versions: https://www.christia...curate.7926578/
Moffatt version that I find I can focus on in the commuter traffic for more devotional reading - I also have the commentary set: https://www.christia...-bible.7618350/
And NPP and English translations and commentaries as well as as a bit about learning the original languages: https://www.christia...posts/72219172/
Commentaries: https://community.lo...795.aspx#830795
I'm growing only my Accordance and print libraries. I also occasionally duplicate things, depending on price. I don't buy Collections/base-packages at all, to me an OK print library is a Collection/base-package and is bragging-rights, a mid-size Collection would not be!! Books copyrighted in the most recent Years (2011 and later) have to be truly exceptional for me to buy them. I very rarely have to add any lexicons or Bible Dictionaries, I access them wherever, under Accordance I have bought HALOT and BDAG used. Otherwise I prefer BAGD actually which I have under L6.9. The best One-volume Bible commentary is Oxford Bible commentary. NAB70 OT and L6 functionality including Chineze (which I don't speak/read) under spare account. The Oxford Bible Commentary under other one pretty large current account that is the one I actually use. /Oct. 16. 2017 Edited Jan. 14. 2018. My current comparison March 20.-21. 2017 of two laptops: https://community.lo...520.aspx#891520
 ... and compared to a laptop I used to have recently, things like speed and battery life
yesterday was 2 years since I returned from an archaeological trip to Turkey. /Apr 16. 2016 A bit of interest in Akkadian or Babylonian. /Apr. 2016
Besides my Macbook referenced below I have a few Windows, among the toughest I have are: 4GB (upgrading to 16 GB) W7 i3 3110 3rd gen Ivy Bridge (since it's W7 Professional and huge battery that actually can be gripped while carrying it open) | Until a Year ago I had: 8GB W10 AMD FX-7600P (since it's AMD:s best laptop CPU - I LOVE AMD) it had the slightly overkill AMD R7 270DX 2GB graphics, i was bought new on Oct. 30. (tomorrow from 
Örebro by train) 2015 returned item so lower bargain price not on a sale. My desktop has the excellent value for money G2030 CPU Ivy Bridge
Relevant and representative Facebook: https://www.facebook...100009160762403 (see also my Twitter).
Was on a vacation in Germany by car July 21. - Aug. 1. 2014 relaxing, evangelizing a little, while studying.
Going to teach myself the asq -programming language years later on. /June 16.-Oct 10. 2015-Apr. 16. 2016
This one is waiting for yet another motherboard change and I'm not sure it will get done IF everything continues the same: OS X 10.11 El Capitan on my 2007 Macbook Pro, with motherboard changed when it was 4 years old, disks changed as well: main drive 256 GB SSD, two new batteries. The 6 GB RAM and the two USB 3.0 ports for it (the latter through ExpressCard slot) just arrived this afternoon. /June 17. 2015

#22 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

• Accordance
  • 2,863 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

I actually don't own an Android device, so I don't think it is likely. I may have to figure something out, though.

"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#23 ukfraser

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:43 AM

I actually don't own an Android device, so I don't think it is likely. I may have to figure something out, though.

Call on a substitute like Rick??????

Ps, very wise! I had an early one and quickly migrated. (Light fuse and stand back!!!!)

Edited by ukfraser, 07 March 2018 - 08:44 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#24 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

• Accordance
  • 3,313 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

Call on a substitute like Rick??????

Ps, very wise! I had an early one and quickly migrated. (Light fuse and stand back!!!!)

I will be creating a few short (two to three minutes) Accordance Mobile for Android videos in the near future. Stay tuned. 

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS High Sierra

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

+ Parallels install of Windows 10 Pro on the above MacBook Pro

2017 iPhone X - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 7.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcast, ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users