NIV Study Bible

kpang808

I was wondering why the NIV Study Bible is not available? I have it in hardback, and it is excellent.

We used to carry it, and the edition before that. I assume it's a licensing issue with the publisher. Someone can correct me if I'm incorrect.

NIV%20Study%20Bible.png?dl=1

• Like 1

Oh I see, bummer! I joined the Accordance game too late then lol as of 2016 January

Perhaps you can find an unused CD on the net? I managed to get the NIV SB of 1985 and the team at Accordance (thanks Helen etc) managed to unlock this for me. An unused CD is hard to find, but perhaps someone is willing to transfer the license to you.

I have the 2002 version too, this one I bought from Accordance but they no longer sell it as far as I know.

I found some on Amazon...is it worth to buy? I would love to have the NIV 84 text as well

Actually I thought Helen stated at one time that it was theoretically possible but the current version had not been pursued rather focusing on more recent Study Bibles. I maybe remembering this wrong but that was what was in the back of my mind, although it very well might be that Zonvervan only wants the current edition sold. Which is about 5th edition now 1985/1995/2002/2008/2011 (Accordance had sold the 1985 & 2002 editions). Since these were joint projects released on Zondervan CDs I well imagine new contracts would need to be sought for 2011. I am not sure if Zondervan is resistant in anyway or if it is just scene as a low priority compared to many other things the wish to bring. I know it is a favourite of many but a similar approach is found in the ESV study bible which feels like a bit better of a study Bible in my mind. I suppose it’s easy for me to say that when I have the said 2 versions in my library but it is always a possibility that the NIVSB 2011 may someday make it to Accordance or you may find old copies of the CD-ROM for sale but one must make sure that they are valid in that the previous owner is not using the software still.

-Dan

Edited by Daniel Francis