ESV Systematic Theology Study Bible

JohnK

Will Accordance add this Study Bible? Crossway says it is available in hardcover on October 31.

John

This may sound odd but I love to see a beautifully typeset PDF of a book passage.

While I love the flexibility that Accordance provides, such as being able to arrange multiple scrolling parallel panes, there are some modules that in print would have side bars, pull quotes, extensive footnotes, graphs or charts or pictures etc, that just don't come over so well in the linear layout of, for example, a commentary module or study Bible.

For 99% of the time, the way Accordance works is perfect. NB there was a recent discussion elsewhere on this forum regarding charts in the BECNT or the NIGNT, and frankly the charts looked mostly OK on paper (and PDF) but didn't quite look so good in Accordance.

The problem is mostly where the formatting of the text requires extra width in order to see the spatial relationship of the text or graph or chart or whatever.

But then, maybe I'm just too pedantic and demanding.

+1

This may sound odd but I love to see a beautifully typeset book passage.

You are not alone!!!!!!

Its one of joys of using my leather bound common worship (or times and seasons). I think the common worship people have done a brilliant job on typesetting. And the leather binding just adds tactile and olfactory to the visual senses. But i stray...

https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/worship/liturgical-texts.aspx