Dropbox Sync Crashing

153joseph

I just did a fresh installation of Accordance 11.2.5 on my new laptop. However, Accordance crashes whenever I try Dropbox syncing. Can you please help resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by 153joseph

I don't use Dropbox but I know they had changed the API, so you need an Accordance version after June 17. They have the new API included.

Greetings

Fabian

P.S. take the 25% Code this week to buy the new version. 

Unfortunately, Dropbox has disabled all "v1" API access as of the end of September (see announcement).  Using the new Dropbox API is supported under Accordance 12.1+, so to maintain Dropbox connectivity, you'll have to upgrade.  Please do note that syncing with the Dropbox v2 API does also require macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) if you are running on a Mac.  We are very sorry about the cutoff, but this was Dropbox's decision, not ours, so it is completely out of our hands.

Dropbox finally stopped supporting their earlier API version at the end of September. As Fabian says, Accordance 12 does use the new Dropbox API. Dropbox also requires macOS 10.10 Yosemite.

I think you can still use Dropbox for file backups and interchange via the website, but syncing now requires the new API.

• 6 months later...

Does this mean that there is no way to sync my accordance on Mac (OS 10.12.6) and my iPhone 6 (iOS 11.3)?

1. Let say, if I made a note in "My notes" with my iPhone, no way to sync to my laptop version unless I upgrade it to Accordance 12? and vice versa?

2. Furthermore, will my user notes be gone if I change my laptop? I manually moved my notes files from my laptop to my friend's (I borrowed it when my Macbook was under repair, which was so frustrating) and the accordance I installed on my friend's did not read the file (i.e., I could not find my notes).

3. Does Accordance not consider to use another cloud system? I always feel dropbox is not the best for me for many reasons unless I buy a premium.

Edited by rough2000

Accordance 12 does support Dropbox syncing, for Mac, Windows and iOS. You can also manually move your Notes files, they just need to be placed in Documents/Accordance files/User Notes.