R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,857 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

NEW! Save 60% on THE OLD TESTAMENT/NEW TESTAMENT LIBRARY (68 volumes) from WJK--now available for Accordance Bible Software!
Special sale prices on the titles listed above cannot be combined with other discounts. The special offer on all products will end on Oct. 23, 2017, at 11:59 PM EDT.

For more information, see today's blog post!

• Daniel Francis likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Sierra/macOS Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2016 iPhone 7 Plus - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11

Android (internal beta)

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD

#2 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

I understand this is something of a major coup, as this is the first time this series has been brought to any Bible software. Congratulations to OakTree; it's nice when the home team wins a big one.

• Mark Allison, Timothy Jenney and Daniel Francis like this

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,594 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

Many of the volumes are available elsewhere, but we believe we have the most complete set, and we plan to add new ones as they are published.

• Daniel Francis and Unix like this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Many of the volumes are available elsewhere, but we believe we have the most complete set, and we plan to add new ones as they are published.

Very glad to hear that. I am curious if there is a reason Martin Noth's Exodus was not part of the classic volumes??? (I was told it has fallen into public domain and indeed have it as a personal book elsewhere, not that it is a particularly strong volume, but just curious.

-dan

Moses is now to go to this rock with the rod which had played a part in the plague narrative at the striking of the Nile (7.17, 20ab J), and to take with him some of the elders as witnesses; it is thus supposed that the rest of the people are not to join in seeing the miracle (this is also implied in the first sentence in v. 5). Then when Moses strikes the rock with his rod Yahweh will make water come out from it. And thus it happens. Thereupon Moses names the place Meribah (‘place of faultfinding’) because there Israel had ‘found fault’ with him (v. 7). The story of Meribah is told once again in Num. 20.1-13. It is connected with a definite place in the wilderness which was doubtless still known to the Israelites at a later date. It was the place where there was a spring with the name Meribah; this name originates from the time when nomadic shepherds of the wilderness used to assemble at the spring of Meribah and there determine their ‘disputes at law’. The spring of Meribah gushed from a rock in a way which so surprised those who went there that they could only think that at one time the rock had been made to produce water in a miraculous way.

Martin Noth, Exodus: A Commentary (The Old Testament Library), n.d., 139–140.

"Translated by J. S. Bowden from the German Das zweite Buch Mose, Exodus."

Martin Noth (August 3, 1902 – May 30, 1968) was a German scholar of the Hebrew Bible who specialized in the pre-Exilic history of the Hebrews. With Gerhard von Rad he pioneered the traditional-historical approach to biblical studies, emphasising the role of oral traditions in the formation of the biblical texts. 

Edited by Daniel Francis, 17 October 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#5 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,751 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

I am thrilled to finally see this series in Accordance. These volumes were my "go to" commentaries during my graduate work. I still consider some of them the finest available, anywhere.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13

iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#6 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,486 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Very glad to hear that. I am curious if there is a reason Martin Noth's Exodus was not part of the classic volumes??? (I was told it has fallen into public domain and indeed have it as a personal book elsewhere, not that it is a particularly strong volume, but just curious.

-dan

We included everything we were provided files for from the publisher.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

#7 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

Ok thanks for the answer. Just seemed strange as it was even released with the OTL cover design still used today, but perhaps since it is no longer under copyright they didn’t keep the files.

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/0334004292

-Dan

#8 keithp

keithp

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Twitter:kpang808
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my dog, ministry, making music

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

any cross-grade offers for those who have about 21 volumes?

Shalom! In Christ, Keith.

#9 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,594 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

We haven't set up a crossgrade as yet.

Helen Brown