ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

they always stimulate peoples creative side.(others are not suitable for this forum but a rubic cube does sound cool!) talking of creative, ive not read of any easter eggs in accordance, are there any? I enjoy the photoshop ones.

Attached Files

Edited by ukfraser, 23 October 2017 - 04:02 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#22 William B

William B

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

I love using accordance on my pc, works really well. For me it has to be pc, the cost of a MAC is absurd for me and unjustifiable, so leaves only one option :)

#23 Rich

Rich

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my lovely wife, my children, fellowship, worship music, piano, our hobby farm, and gardening.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:20 PM

I was in IT for many years, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, MCP, managed a bunch of Microsoft servers, databases, hundreds of desktops, etc.  With time, I moved more into software development.  I switched to the Mac after OS X came out around 2002 or so, because it allowed me to use a lot of the Unix tools that I required to work easily with the Linux boxes I was integrating with, while using a highly refined and stable UI.  Fifteen years later, I couldn't imagine using anything but a Mac for my daily driver.  I still occasionally spend time on Windows and Linux boxes, but that's the exception, and usually tests my patience and my blood pressure.  

My time is valuable to me — a lot more valuable than the cost of an infrequent purchase of a new machine.  It works, it's efficient, it's stable, it doesn't require the level of headaches and maintenance that Windows boxes still require, and I like the software that runs well on it.  I've also seen folks replace their Windows PCs three times in the time that I keep one of my Macs.  In the end, to each their own, but for me, it's a Mac.  

All that said, it sounds like purely for Accordance, you have the best of all options — the ability to choose based on any criteria you want, as Accordance seems to have feature parity across platforms and works well in both!

• Julia Falling and William B like this

Rich Wardwell

Accordance Hardware

2017 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 4.2 GHz i7, 32GB memory, Radeon Pro 580, 8GB, 2TB SSD, High Sierra)

2017 15" MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", 2017, 3.1 GHz  i7, 16GB memory, 1 TB SSD, High Sierra)

2017 iPad Pro (10.5", 256GB, iOS 11)

2017 iPhone X (iOS 11)

#24 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

I've also seen folks replace their Windows PCs three times in the time that I keep one of my Macs.  In the end, to each their own, but for me, it's a Mac.  

This is one thing I have considered also. I tend to keep machines a while but I have wondered which actually last longer in practical terms. I have had my Mac since 2009 but I've bought PCs in the intervening time - though not because they wore ought except in one case and that machine was really old. PCs seem to be more upgradeable and configurable which allows one to spread out the purchases but you can also get caught out by something not being quite as upgradeable as you like. And of course upgrades mean the thing wasn't as cheap as it was originally.

But honestly if all the software I needed ran on Linux (see your point above on Unix tools which are just so much nicer to use)  I'd probably ditch both OSX and Windows. In fact I need to look at that again as the world has moved on (to quote Sai King) a bit.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל, 01 November 2017 - 02:36 PM.

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i7 Kabylake
      12GB RAM                                16GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Home x64

#25 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,031 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

In fact I need to look at that again as the world has moved on (to quote Sai King) a bit.

Thankee-sai. Long days and pleasant nights.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Sierra/macOS Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2017 iPhone X - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB, Android OS 7.0

#26 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Thankee-sai. Long days and pleasant nights.

And may you have twice the number.

And now having dragged this well away from the OP question, I'll make it clear that this is not a plea for a Dark Tower module :)

• R. Mansfield likes this

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i7 Kabylake
      12GB RAM                                16GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Home x64

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platform

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users