Photo

Search a group of commentaries about the same verses?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

The "Research" is a very handy function to use. I am wondering, whether it is possible to search one verse, for example, gen 1:1, and only show the contents of the exactly paragraphs of each commentary? Which looks like what the function of "Add Parallel" shows? Because most of the time, when I use "Research" by verses, it will also show up more information than what I need and it takes a lot of time to filter them.

#2 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

I am not 100% sure that I am getting the question but perhaps this will help. In the gear wheel menu of the Research tab there is an option to "Show Excerpts" or "Show Full Text". When I select full text it seems to show the full paragraphs.

Is this what you are looking for ?

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i7 Kabylake
      12GB RAM                                16GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Home x64

#3 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Thanks, Dan, however, this is not what I am looking for. If you use a normal tab zone with a Bible text, then you can add parallel commentary tools which are directly move accompanied with the Bible text when you change to the other verse. For the contents of these commentaries, tools zones will normally start from the beginning of the texts of each commentary. I am wondering whether it is possible to do the similar way in research only show the verse paragraph in each commentary. It will be one paragraph for one commentary.

I am not 100% sure that I am getting the question but perhaps this will help. In the gear wheel menu of the Research tab there is an option to "Show Excerpts" or "Show Full Text". When I select full text it seems to show the full paragraphs.

Is this what you are looking for ?

Thx

D

Edited by Mutien Chen, Yesterday, 10:59 PM.

#4 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted Today, 01:50 AM

I'm sorry but think I'll have to leave this one to someone else. I don't know if what you are looking for can be done.

I suspect I'm still not quite understanding what you want but I rarely use commentaries in parallel panes to texts to be absolutely honest.

Hopefully someone who does can help better.

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i7 Kabylake
      12GB RAM                                16GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Home x64

#5 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 772 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Today, 04:37 AM

Right-click on a verse reference in your text and select "Research" and "Commentaries". That will open the Research pane with a search for the verse reference you right-clicked on. But this searches any commentary that includes any range of which your verse is a part. To narrow your focus to EXACTLY John 1:1, and nothing else, simply put an "=" sign in front of John 1:1 in the Research pane and hit "Return". This will dramatically narrow your search.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users