Tools in the tool bar

pbgroover

Is there a way to consolidate or rearrange how particular books are shown in the drop down menus in the tool bar icons?

I have noticed books under one tool icon where I would prefer and think it should be in another. Although I have moved and grouped these books together in the library, when using the tool bar icons they are still shown under different icons. This makes using the tool bar icons to quickly find books not always so simple.

For example:

All my devotional works are listed under Devotionals in the General Tools icon, however Daily Guidance is listed separately under Devotionals in the English Tools icon. Likewise three works on quotations are listed under Preaching in the English Tools icon, but Barletts Familiar Quotations is listed separately under Preaching in the General Tools icon (with other preaching works). There are other examples like these.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks Paul

Paul, it sounds like you're using the newer Library categories that were introduced in v. 11. Those toolbar icons for General Tools, Reference Tools, Greek Tools, Hebrew Tools, and English Tools are kind of throwbacks to Accordance v. 10 and earlier for users who opted not to update their libraries to the new structure when they upgraded. Someone else may be able to give you a better answer, but I'm not certain that these two different ways of arranging your personal Accordance Library will line up very easily the way you'd like them to. Sorry I don't have a better answer, but someone else might.

Thanks Rick,

So it sound like it is best just to use the amplify or library icons at the moment. The other icons looked to be shortcuts to avoid navigating the menu quite so much, but if they are not harmonised then it doesn't work quite so well. At least the toolbar will have less icons on it  :) 

Paul

It looks like you're on Windows, so sadly, this won't help you, but for others who might read this post and be running the Macintosh version of Accordance, you can just drag any folder in the library directly to the toolbar. That's not a self-imposed limitation of Accordance on Windows, but a result of the MacOS providing those "hooks" for the developers to use.

• Like 1