User Notes and Formatting Still Broken in 12.1.4

Darrik Spaude

Accordance 12.1.4 didn't fix the user notes formatting issues I've been experiencing.

1) If I have a User Notes parallel window open, sometimes ALL of the text is underlined.

2) If there is a verse entered into the search bar, but the window below doesn't show that verse (because I scrolled far away during study) and then press return in the search bar, it will pop open the edit window:

a. WITHOUT GOING TO THE VERSE

b. DIDN'T ASK WHICH USER NOTES TO OPEN

c. OPENS ONE OF THE USER NOTES WITH TEXT ALL UNDERLINED

Quit Accordance...Reopen Accordance

3) Now parallel User Note has NO FORMATTING (no links, no underline, no bold, no italics, etc.).

4) Close parallel User Note to see if that will make a difference. Nope. It DID ask which User Note to open (good), but User Note still has NO FORMATTING.

5) User Note parallel window that was CLOSED has not REAPPEARED.

6) Now parallel User Note is all underlined again. Edit User Note for specific verse, text is still all underlined.

7) Close parallel User Note and try quitting again...

8) User Note parallel window didn't reappear. Edit verse. Asks for User Note choice. User Note still has NO FORMATTING.

Accordance group, any suggestions? I'm afraid to edit/update my user notes for fear of losing all of my formatting! For example, I have several weeks worth of editing done on Acts 9:11. Right now all of those notes either have no formatting or all underlined (depending on Accordance's mood). It used to have formatting.

HELP! (Let me know if you need a screen recording)

Edited by Darrik Spaude

My notes for Acts 9:11 are very long. Would that have anything to do with this problem? I was taking notes today on a different verse and didn't have any formatting issues. I switched back to Acts 9:11 and the formatting was still missing (this session).

Darrik, I'm going to send you a PM so I can get a bit more information!

Just to finish off this topic, Joel found that my user note for Acts 9:11 had gone beyond the old note format's capacity (~32,000 characters). The newer note format (updated in Accordance 10) supports much more along with images, etc.