• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc…
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

I open user tool Year A and select the following passges:

Exodus 33:12-23
Psalm 99
1 Thessalonians 1:1-10
Matthew 22:15-22
Isaiah 45:1-7
Psalm 96:1-13  Psalm 96:1-9, (10-13)

I copy and paste them in Accordance search field. Now they look like this:

Exodus 33:12-23;Psalm 99;1 Thessalonians 1:1-10;Matthew 22:15-22;Isaiah 45:1-7;Psalm 96:1-13  Psalm 96:1-9, (10-13)

OK, application can search (although there is two syntax errors), but for a human being it would be nice to have spaces after the semicolons. Like this:

Exodus 33:12-23; Psalm 99; 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10; Matthew 22:15-22; Isaiah 45:1-7; Psalm 96:1-13; Psalm 96:1-9, 10-13

Could Accordance help poor humans a little bit here and add empty spaces for them?

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12) 

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,151 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

In a paragraph that has multiple verse reference, you can shift-click on a reference to open all of them. Maybe the way to do this would be to add the ability in a future update to highlight multiple references and shift-click to open them all at once in another window. 

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc…
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

It’s not so much about opening multiple Bible references as it is about human readability of the Bible references which are already in the search field.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12) 

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,151 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Sorry--I misinterpreted.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search, bible passages, passages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users