Photo

Accordance 11 to 12 - User Note Enhancements?

User notes Paper Stacks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Daunno

Paul Daunno

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Twitter:@PaulDaunno
  • Interests:The Bible / Reading books about the Bible / Gadgets & Technology / Woodworking / Photography
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

I'm currently using Accordance on Mac 11.2.5.  Are there any feature enhancements to User Notes in the latest version of Accordance 12?  I want to study a book and write down facts, what I learn, what questions I have, what something may mean to me, etc.  In the past I've used User Notes to do this but it's been a bit cumbersome.  Would stacks & papers of Accordance 12 be a better choice for what I want to do?  Something else?

Thanks,

-Paul

Edited by Paul Daunno, 03 November 2017 - 10:03 AM.

MAC - OS X High Sierra 10.13 - MacBook Pro, Retina, Mid 2014 --- Accordance 12.2.1

iOS - Current iOs and iAccord releases

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

I really like stacks as it gives lots of freedom for the sort of things you are doing and personally i have never got on with notes. You can save them with meaningful names. Problem isnot currently available on ios but much better solution. Have you watched the podcast which may give you a better idea.

Stacks
https://www.accordan...139-154-stacks/

Papers

https://www.accordan...1889-157-paper/

Edited by ukfraser, 03 November 2017 - 01:24 PM.

• Alistair and Paul Daunno like this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Like ukfraser I use Stacks. I have never done much with notes, but I use stacks as I study the text on a pretty much daily basis. I use them to note words I need to study, trickier passages that I am trying to translate, opinions of one commentator or another on those passages and so on.

Thx

D

• Paul Daunno likes this

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

I would love to have what Logos and Wordsearchbible has. You can create your own Commentary, Journal, Dictionary (also BW has it). If we had the same power for the User Tools this would be great.

Greetings

Fabian

• EricC likes this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#5 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:45 AM

I'm currently using Accordance on Mac 11.2.5.  Are there any feature enhancements to User Notes in the latest version of Accordance 12?  I want to study a book and write down facts, what I learn, what questions I have, what something may mean to me, etc.  In the past I've used User Notes to do this but it's been a bit cumbersome.  Would stacks & papers of Accordance 12 be a better choice for what I want to do?  Something else?

Thanks,

-Paul

I would use Scrivener in a split-screen set-up to do this.

• Paul Daunno likes this

#6 Paul Daunno

Paul Daunno

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Twitter:@PaulDaunno
  • Interests:The Bible / Reading books about the Bible / Gadgets & Technology / Woodworking / Photography

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

I really like stacks as it gives lots of freedom for the sort of things you are doing and personally i have never got on with notes. You can save them with meaningful names. Problem isnot currently available on ios but much better solution. Have you watched the podcast which may give you a better idea.

Stacks
https://www.accordan...139-154-stacks/

Papers

https://www.accordan...1889-157-paper/

Thank you for pointing out these videos.  I had watched the one on Paper before (and watched it again now) but had not seen the one on Stacks.  These new features seem to be what I'm looking for.  Another reason to consider an upgrade to Accordance 12!

• R. Mansfield likes this

MAC - OS X High Sierra 10.13 - MacBook Pro, Retina, Mid 2014 --- Accordance 12.2.1

iOS - Current iOs and iAccord releases

#7 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Upgrade. You wont regret it. (Or keep your eyes open for another sale or a 20% off offer)

For example

I want to study a book and write down facts, what I learn, what questions I have, what something may mean to me, etc.

Create a stack and save it by the name of the book or project

Add a few sub headings

Then you can copy facts
Note questions
Things that jump out

In a sort of structured way

;o)
  • R. Mansfield likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: User notes, Paper, Stacks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users