Photo

Why does searching for " (בית,בין,סכת,סֻכַּ֥ת) <WITHIN 3 Words> (דוד,=דוך)" not return Amos 9:11?

Hebrew Hebrew Search House of David Temple of David Booth of David Tabernacle of David Sons of David

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:47 AM

Ok, I've watched two hours of video so far and I still can't work out why:

(בית,בין,סכת,סֻכַּ֥ת) <WITHIN 3 Words> (דוד,=דוך)

Does not return Amos 9:11, which contains:

אֶת־סֻכַּ֥ת דָּוִ֖יד

I wonder if anyone can clarify?

Notes:

that the search query above is inverted when I paste it into this forum. In accordance the "dvd" part is last.

I can't work out how to add the yod into דוך. When I do it gets upset and seems to want vowel pointing, (It gives me a pick box)

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 Douglas Fyfe

Douglas Fyfe

Gold

• Accordance
  • 439 posts
  • Twitter:@realDuck5
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:26 AM

so it's only discoverable as skh not skt (forgive my not changing keyboards).

But, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you do want to search for the root, which is skh, so that's what you should be searching for.

I can find it however by searching for "skt" (using quotation marks) (or even "sukat")

so figuring it out, "skt" is how it actually appears, which is what you're looking for.

skh will give you the root,

and =sukah will give you that exact lexeme, which is still not the inflected form you were trying to search for.

so if you want that conjugation sukat, then you need quotation marks,

or you could search for sukah @[noun construct] (which works out as sukat)

And then it works.

Does that make sense?

am I on the right track?!

• Ιακοβ likes this

iPhone 6+ :: iOS 12.x || Windows 10 :: Samsung ATIV ultrabook i5 :: 1.80GHz || my wife controls my MacBookPro :: OSX 10.11

Accordance Demonstrator in Australia

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, that did solve it! 

(בית,בין,סכת,סֻכַּ֥ת,סֻכָּה) <WITHIN 3 Words> (דוד,=דוך)

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hebrew, Hebrew Search, House of David, Temple of David, Booth of David, Tabernacle of David, Sons of David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users