Odd research result ὑγιαίνοντας

A. Smith

When I search all texts (research) for ὑγιαίνοντας (a participle form), only NA27-GBS (an untagged text) and GNT-TRS (a tagged text) are found. I understand that searching for an inflected form requires quotes. I would expect that, without quotes, the only results would be the untagged text. I don't understand why one tagged text (GNT-TRS) is found while other tagged texts are not. However, when I search for the form in quotes "ὑγιαίνοντας", I get the expected results, including the untagged NA27-GNT and tagged GNT-TRS.

post-29320-0-85850700-1510151608_thumb.png

post-29320-0-84940200-1510151641_thumb.png

Technically, GNT-TRS is not a tagged text. It is a keyed text. That is, rather than being morphologically tagged, it has Strong's Key Numbers applied to the words. It's kind of a unique text in our library; but if I remember correctly, it was prepared primarily users who weren't overly proficient in Greek. So, when you search for the inflected participle form without quotation marks, it will have hits in all the non-tagged texts (including GNT-TRS, which is a keyed text but not a tagged text). But searching with the quotation marks for the exact inflected form will find it in all Greek texts, tagged and non-tagged.

• Like 1

That makes perfect sense. TBH, I never use GNT-TRS so I've never notices the difference. Thank you!