Instant Details Pane flashes info while mouse is on blank space

RichKat

Hello,

When I have only my Library Pane and my Bible Pane open, my screen is large enough that there is quite a bit of blank space on each side.  When I move the mouse over that blank space the Instant Detail Pane flashes a whole bunch of stuff.  I can move slowly and actually find my place in the text just by watching the IDP.  Strange.  It would be nice if this pane would automatically go to columns when the screen is big enough.

Richard

Columns are used for other texts in parallel. Having the text run into multiple columns is not supported and would be difficult to implement.

Understandable.  Any idea why it is triggering the details in the details pane when the mouse is over a completely blank area of the zone?

When I have only my Library Pane and my Bible Pane open, my screen is large enough that there is quite a bit of blank space on each side.  When I move the mouse over that blank space the Instant Detail Pane flashes a whole bunch of stuff.  I can move slowly and actually find my place in the text just by watching the IDP.  Strange.  It would be nice if this pane would automatically go to columns when the screen is big enough.

Rich, I just tried this and noticed that ID is indeed offering information in the blank areas on either side of the text, even when not hovering over a word. You can even click and hold in the blank area to get the ID popup. And I've also confirmed that this occurs in both Mac and Windows versions of Acc 12.1.5. I don't know if this is a new issue or if it's always been there, and I never noticed, but I will alert the developers. 

On the other hand, perhaps you've finally discovered that secret, hidden text of the Bible that the tabloids always like to report!

• Like 1

One more thing--and you may already know this--but you can go to Preferences: Appearance: Text Appearance and adjust the width of your column or turn off the width settings completely. If you often just read one text by itself (without other content in parallel panes or other zones), and you have a very large monitor, you will probably not want to do this. But it's an option for the moment if you haven't already looked into it. 

I hope we can eventually have columns within a single text one day, too. 

Rich, I just tried this and noticed that ID is indeed offering information in the blank areas on either side of the text, even when not hovering over a word. You can even click and hold in the blank area to get the ID popup. And I've also confirmed that this occurs in both Mac and Windows versions of Acc 12.1.5. I don't know if this is a new issue or if it's always been there, and I never noticed, but I will alert the developers. 

On the other hand, perhaps you've finally discovered that secret, hidden text of the Bible that the tabloids always like to report!

:D Good point.  Amazing!

One more thing--and you may already know this--but you can go to Preferences: Appearance: Text Appearance and adjust the width of your column or turn off the width settings completely. If you often just read one text by itself (without other content in parallel panes or other zones), and you have a very large monitor, you will probably not want to do this. But it's an option for the moment if you haven't already looked into it. 

I hope we can eventually have columns within a single text one day, too. 

Thanks.  It doesn't bother me... just knew it wasn't logical for it to do that.