R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,031 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

HUGE ETS-SBL SALE! Save BIG on NEW RELEASES from this week and the past year!

Special sale prices on the titles featured above cannot be combined with other discounts. The special offer on all products will end on Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017, at 11:59 PM EST.

For more information, please see our blog post!

• Michael Hunt likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Sierra/macOS Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2017 iPhone X - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB, Android OS 7.0

#2 showens

showens

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

A layman's question regarding Kittel - the one-page preview shows Greek for the index.  Is that the only way to look up an entry?  Or is there an English or transliteration option in addition?

#3 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Others who have the volume may comment(dan or rick?) but its similar to nidntte and other lexicons i have which just has the greek so i rely on search for title or english content if im after a specific word.

but if its at the top of your greek lexicons, you navigate to it from a tagged copy of an english bible via amplify word (even on Ios) and thats the way i find i typically use it.

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#4 showens

showens

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

but if its at the top of your greek lexicons, you navigate to it from a tagged copy of an english bible via amplify word (even on Ios) and thats the way i find i typically use it.

Great point, that's the best way within Accordance.  I'm envisioning the time when I read an actual paper codex and see a reference that I wish to look up.

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

I'm envisioning the time when I read an actual paper codex and see a reference that I wish to look up.

So wouldnt you still type/select/search in the greek from the codex????

Edited by ukfraser, 16 November 2017 - 12:08 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#6 showens

showens

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

So wouldnt you still type/select in the greek from the codex????

Many of the references I see are transliterations, such as kyrios and doulos.  Alas, I don't know if I will ever have time to learn Greek enough to be able to search for it directly.

#7 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

In that case, You may also want to consider Nidntte currently also on sale (really good, better than a couple of weeks ago) which has transliterations

https://www.accordan...ls/?pid=NIDNTTE

I found this useful which is why i jumped to nidotte and nidntte but search the forum for other comments.

https://www.accordan...dag/?hl=nidntte

Edited by ukfraser, 16 November 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Fraser Sims

#8 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hello 

Please bring also the Leonberger NT (and later the full Bible) as RP05 with G/KE.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Accordance 12.1.5 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.1.1

Accordance Mobile 2.5.6.8946

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users