LEH LXX Lexicon

Julia Falling

Hey –

ἀπάντησις,-εως+

JgsA 4,18; 11,31.34; 14,5; 15,14

If I triple click on any of those references, it opens in the NAS95 (my preference) not the LXX.  Since there are real differences between our English & Hebrew Bibles and the LXX Greek or English – versification and content – is there any way that we can have a reference in a LXX-based tool go to the LXX (Greek or English LXX translation) instead of an English text based on the MT?  The LXX-based tools might perhaps be put into a different category in the Accordance prefs?

I couldn't find that this had been requested previously.  

Hi Julia,

There have been requests made in the same spirit, to treat texts in the same languages as separate entities. So, regarding the LXX some of us have asked that we could choose a preferred lexicon for it, e.g., LEH for LXX, versus the same lexicon for both the NT and LXX. Your amplifying request would fit in perfectly with this, treating LXX as a separate entity, and choosing which Bible(s) to amplify to from it. In fact, I think you bolster the case for separate entities.

The same would be great for the DSS vs MT. Based on these combined requests, users could do something like this:

HMT - preferred lex HALOT, amplify to HMT if OT ref, GNT if NT ref

DSS - preferred lex DCH, amplify to preferred Bibles

LXX - preferred lex LEH, amplify to LXX if OT ref, GNT if NT ref

NT - preferred lex BDAG, amplify to LXX if OT ref, GNT if NT ref

or, to whatever preferred Bible, or combination for OT/NT

Forgive me if we can already do this.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Yeah – Very useful.  That way we could start out with the Lexicon best suited to the text, then check the others afterward.

Going the other direction is even more problematic.  I get very little information when going from a reference in the LEH Lexicon to the NAS95 English.  First, it's possible for it not to even get the right verse (MT & LXX don't always line up – most of Psalms are "off" by a chapter).  Secondly, the NAS95 isn't translated from the LXX.  Basically, the links aren't as useful as we would like.

I don't know how hard this would be to program.  If anyone could do it, the Accordance folks can.