jarcher

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

This issue is a bit difficult to explain but I typically use a single "master" tab to select the main text I'm studying. Then, I use multiple other tied tabs for commentaries, syntax module, translator's notes, etc.

When I do this I have one tab for other "Translations". This tab contains several other translation panes. It is tied to my "master" tab.

If I enter a text into my master tab the "translation" tab updates according. However, I the context slider of the "translation" tab is ignored entirely.

For example, if I search 1Cor 12:1 in the "master" tab with the context slider set to 0 then go to the "translations" linked tab where the context slider is also set to 0, I still see all text.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 2.52.04 PM.png   208.74KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 2.52.18 PM.png   535.09KB   0 downloads

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,671 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:27 PM

This is intentional. Context applies to the tab and all its panes, but not to other tabs even if tied. All tying does is scroll the other tabs to match the verse at the top of the scrolled tab.

• jarcher likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 jarcher

jarcher

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Thanks, Helen.

#4 jarcher

jarcher

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 AM

Thinking about this more, should the context of the pane in question be different from the context slider that is on that pane (see picture 2 above). That, I think, is what is confusing to me. My expectation would be that the pane always observes the slider for for pane regardless of any ties to other panes.

Edited by jarcher, Yesterday, 08:46 AM.

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,852 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

Jeremy, the issue is a misunderstanding of Tie vs Contents.  In your Translations tab, you've specified a blank search, which means to display the entire text.  This is unrelated to the context slider, as you are already showing all text.  This is also unrelated to 'Tie', which means to scroll them to the same verse.  If you want to limit the results to what you are searching for in your Master tab, you should set the search to be [CONTENTS Master] instead of blank - then it will match exactly the verses displayed in Master.

Does this make sense?

• jarcher and Solly like this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#6 Solly

Solly

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Far too many for my own good! ;-)

Posted Today, 12:11 PM

Thanks Joel--I learn something new every day. ;-)

Shalom,

Joseph

Joseph F Sollenberger Jr

#7 jarcher

jarcher

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted Today, 02:00 PM

Yep, that helps. In the back of mind I guess I always thought of a “tie” as a CONTENTS search. This makes much more sense! Thanks!

Edit: Actually, this is even more helpful than I realized as it also fixes a few other minor annoyances. This is part of why I love Accordance too! You've equipped us with so many tools in the toolbox it is pretty shocking how many things can be done.

Thanks!

Edited by jarcher, Today, 02:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users