2 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Daunno

Paul Daunno

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Twitter:@PaulDaunno
  • Interests:The Bible / Reading books about the Bible / Gadgets & Technology / Woodworking / Photography
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

I just upgraded to Accordance 12 today (thanks Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale!) and have a couple of questions regarding Paper

Is it possible to create a bulleted list similar to the example below?  This would be very easy in Word or Pages but in Paper I can't seem to figure it out if it's even possible -

1. My first main point

A. My first sub point

* My first sub-sub point

* My second sub-sub point

* My third sub-sub point

Are scripture links created automatically or do I need to do something specific to enable that?

How about non-scripture references like a link to an article in a dictionary?

Thanks,

-Paul

MAC - OS X High Sierra 10.13 - MacBook Pro, Retina, Mid 2014 --- Accordance 12.2.1

iOS - Current iOs and iAccord releases

#2 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Single man who loves studying God's Word. I'm also trying to learn to play guitar. Love to go out for walks with my chihuahua. And definitely, I love to teach God's Word in English and Spanish.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

The only way to find out is by watching the tutorials on Paper. This is an awesome feature. I hope they never take it away from us. I hope they improve it along with the user tool feature. Both are amazingly useful.
I have my own way of outlining so I use the blank template and do Title
Introduction
I.
A.
a)
II. (Same as above adding B, C, and 2, 3 or even B), c) as needed

Conclusion:
A.
B.

I love the fact that you can add your own pictures and zoom them in or out. You can literally have a basic outline and pictures and you can present directly from your screen. That’s what I do.
Anyway, and yes, scripture references are created automatically. I have not inserted links to resources yet, but it can be done.

Blessings!

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,888 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Paul, what you are asking for is very easily done.  When you make items, just use the arrow buttons (or arrow keys) to adjust their hierarchy. You can also use Return to make a new item, but Shift-Return to make the new item as a sub item.  If you want to change the list scheme, that can be done in the Paper Display Settings (Command-T) to choose bullets as the scheme.  I don't think we support a scheme of asterisks right now, but we could look into it!

Scripture references and weblinks are automatically identified.  If you then go to your tool search or location and do Copy as -> Search URL or Location URL, that link can be placed in a paper for easy referencing of articles.

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paper, bulleted list, scripture links

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users