I have no idea what I am doing or no

OzBassman

I am a newb to this software at age 54.  Please bare with me.  I have the Accordance 12 full package with the Journal of Bar, Biblical Archeology.

I can successfully click in BAR links to bring up the associated Bible passages in ESV.  Though I can not bring up Matthew Henry's Abridged Commentary.  I can if I copy and past the Bible reference into the Matthew Henry page.  But I feel there must be a short cut.  Is there a way as I feel there should be.  I once right clicked.  Though that option is no longer there.

Kind regards,

Paul

You can open your bible and the info pane which will bring up commentaries that scroll with the text of the Bible

Hi Paul,

We were all at the newb stage at one point and Accordance is a fantastic program with tons of options and various ways you can do things. That means it can take some time to get comfortable with how to do various tasks. One way of doing what you have outlined is to create a workspace with BAR, ESV, and Matthew Henry on it. This can then be saved and reused. See the attachment.

post-30494-0-96943500-1512117551_thumb.png

This allows you to read through BAR and when you click a verse link it will display the verse in the ESV and also bring up the relevant portion of Matthew Henry.

So first I displayed BAR on its own. Then went to a place where there is a verse link and clicked on the link (See the orange arrow). This should display your preferred bible (in your case ESV) in a separate zone (Just in case you did not know the preferred bible can be set in the preferences if you want a different bible translation to be displayed when you click on a verse).

There is a 'triangle' on the bible zone (see the red arrow). This triangle should be set to blue - you can flip it between on (blue) and off (grey) by clicking on it. This is the recycle button and if it is set to blue it means that when you select another reference from BAR it will reuse that ESV and not create another tab.

Once you have the ESV displayed you can display the Matthew Henry commentary in parallel by going to the 'Add Parallel' button (see blue arrow). You can select the the commentary by following the drop down boxes. What is displayed will depend how your library is set up. An example is in the following attachment.

post-30494-0-07220700-1512118339_thumb.png

When you now click on a verse reference it will update both ESV and the commentary in parallel.

You can save this workspace by using 'file -> save as'. See attachment below

post-30494-0-60954500-1512118473_thumb.png

Save it in your workspaces folder and you can select it and reuse it at any time (either from 'file -> open' or you can set it up as a 'My Workspace'. There is a icon on the tab-bar that allows you to do that.

post-30494-0-60286700-1512119002_thumb.png

Depending on how you set up your Accordance 'start up' preferences it can be displayed as your default workspace or display whatever workspaces you were last working on.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Paul, have you discovered the podcasts? Before i decided on accordance i spent alot of time watching these to see what accorcance can do. I keep rewatching them as a reminder of how to do things i dont do on a regular basis. This is the suggested sequence but you can watch by topic.

https://www.accordancebible.com/Podcasts-Recommended/

If you are into manuals, there is also a manual and a new web version to help you get up to speed. (Click on the support tab)

But welcome to the forum.