Using Wacom Cintiq or Intuios tablets rather than mouse

macsr4me

I wonder if anyone else has this problem and has a fix for it. I LOVE Accordance, but when I travel I use a Wacom Intuit tablet for my input device rather than a mouse. I am on a MacPro Powerbook (OS X 10.12) When I am at home, I have a MacPro connected to my monitor, which is also an input device as well as a monitor (www.wacom.com). I have a Wacom Cintiq 27 hd. The pen works directly on the monitor, so there is no need for a mouse. I use a pen on both the Wacom Intuios tablet and the Cintiq rather than a mouse. All applications work beautifully with it, and I use many many applications. All of them work with the exception of Accordance. What doesn’t work in Accordance is things such as tripple clicks, or on the Atlas when you want to delete a city you have added to a layer, I can’t use the pen to click on the city. I have to get out a mouse and do it…There are several times when I have to use a mouse rather than the pen to input something. If it is just text in a Bible or concordance, using the pen to select text works perfectly. It is only on special things in Accordance that the pen won’t work. It can be most frustrating.  Do you have some kind of a fix for this or are you aware of this problem? Any help you can give me will me MOST appreciated. Thank you. Sharon

Ok I don't have a tablet screen but I have a Wacom tablet (quite an old model now) but triple click works on it and it amplifies from a Greek text to a lexicon properly. Right click with the pen button works too.

I've not tried the atlas with a user layer but the basic nav and zoom and such work ok.

Thx

D

Is there a preference setting that might be causing my intuios tablet and Cintiq to ignore triple clicks? I am just trying to figure out why it would work on yours, but not mine. Thanks.

I don't know of any preference. I had a bit of a look but couldn't see any.

My tablet is a small Wacom Bamboo tablet.

I played a little more with your experiment. I am neither very good with a tablet or the Atlas I must say.

Any how, I fumbled through to creating a Custom Site Layer. I was able to select sites with the pen but there were times when I had difficulty doing it. I had to click about the city name in a few places before it was selected.

Once selected I could not see how to delete it.

If I could open the Custom Site Layers ... dialog I could see how to delete it.

If you can describe how that works I could try it from the pen. But left and right click and such didn't bring up a way to delete it nor did simply hitting delete.

Thx

D

Thank you so much for checking this out. Once you select a city that you have added to a layer, you can click on it and just hit the delete key to delete it. That did not work for me using a pen. It worked fine with the mouse. I recently went through the webinars on the intro to the Atlas and customizing it. There were a number of things when selecting something on a map that wouldn't work with the pen but worked great with the mouse. If you went through one of those tutorials, they explain really well how to use the Atlas. I am new at working with the Atlas, but want to use it more and make custom maps. Later today I will make some screenshot and describe much better what doesn''t work with the pen. Thanks for your help. :-)

• Like 1

Ok so I had another look at this.

The term delete is used a little oddly, to my taste, in the map. In the case where you have search for and highlighted a city with cmd-F. You can select the city and then hit delete and it will be unselected. Is that the kind of delete you meant ? I had initially taken it to mean to remove it from the customer site layer. I can do the former with the tablet but not the latter. I can only remove cities from the Custom Sites Layer Dialog.

Thx

D