New tab keyboard shortcut

Alistair

The keyboard shortcut to create a new tab with default Bible settings isn't working. Command-N does nothing.

Thanks

Edited by Alistair

Cmd-N works for me.

Are you sure some other app isn't stealing it ?

Thx

D

I had this sometimes too on the Mac with cmd-N, but I haven't found out the cases which is the reason for this behavior.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I had this sometimes to on the Mac with cmd-N, but I haven't found out the cases which is the reason for this behavior.

Greetings

Fabian

It helps to know it's not just me!

I too have had this issue. Usually I will just relaunch after it starts exhibiting this behavior.

What I can say is: It has no relation with the cmd-T bug. Its more if I had closed some or all Panes and  with a cmd-N the default Bible didn't start.

Greetings

Fabian

Maybe you temporarily use another app which steals it that is not resetting it properly

Thx

D

Pretty much every Mac program has Command-N for New something or other… 

I don't think I use it much I must say - I use it in Firefox I suppose for a new window but not in Acc funnily enough. I tend to use the + icon in the zone to then add the tab I want. Maybe in wordprocessors for new docs and such. Either that or it's become a reflex and I never think about it :)

Tx

D

I regularly hit ⌘t in Accordance to get a new tab, since it's the standard in all web browsers and I do it all. the. time.

(I should probably just break down and remap.)

• Like 1

Do you remember when Apple changes Command N in the finder to no longer be "new folder" but "new view of the same folder"?

That took some getting used to.