HarperCollins Season of WOW Sale!

R. Mansfield

Save on the Expositor's Bible Commentary, Preacher's Commentary, Counterpoint Series & MORE HC/Zondervan titles for Accordance Bible Software!

Also, don't forget that Accordance GIFT CARDS make the perfect gift for any new or current Accordance user!

Special sale prices on the titles listed above cannot be combined with other discounts. The special offer on all products will end on Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017, at 11:59 PM EST.

For more information, please see today's blog post!

It's much easier to provide a list of what we DO have, but I compared with the list that HC sent us for the sale, and we do not currently have these titles:

Five Views on the Church and Politics
Four Views on the Historical Adam
Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church
Two Views on the Doctrine of the Trinity

• Like 1

Thanks Helen, any idea when the other four will make it into Accordance? 

• Like 1

I too would be interested in knowing when (if) it is expected those 4 volumes will get added to the collection. I would hope they are in the queue and know not much can be said beyond that unless they are on the verge of being released but just thought I would ask.

-dan

I too would be interested in knowing when (if) it is expected those 4 volumes will get added to the collection. I would hope they are in the queue and know not much can be said beyond that unless they are on the verge of being released but just thought I would ask.

-dan

They are not in queue, but we can get them in the future. We do not get notified of new releases to HC's obviously huge catalog of titles, nor did we get much of a heads-up on this promotion to try to include them in time. 

• Like 1

I know you have to pick what you offer, but would be nice to see these series as complete as possible. The volumes are a good starting point to discover different sides of a subject fairly. Through dialogue we may not neccesairly change another's or our own mind but we can gain insight into another's beliefs.

-dan 

Edited by Daniel Francis

It's much easier to provide a list of what we DO have, but I compared with the list that HC sent us for the sale, and we do not currently have these titles:

Five Views on the Church and Politics

Four Views on the Historical Adam

Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church

Two Views on the Doctrine of the Trinity

I have all these and the rest that are available on my Logos platform. They are great! I’m sure many will benefit from them if they make it to Accordance. If I didn’t own them, I’d definitely order them. Great practical scholarship

Edited by Diatheke76
  • Like 1

I checked out before I ordered them here and was shocked to discover only about a dozen of the 31 titles were on sale there. So a no brainer to get these in Accordance at a great price.

-dan

I guess I'll wait for the 4 volumes or hope it goes on sale at Logos

Sorry if it's been asked before, is there a significant difference between the original EBC or the revised version?

Cheers.

Sorry if it's been asked before, is there a significant difference between the original EBC or the revised version?

Cheers.

There is a release blog on 6th may 2014 with a video overview which gives a reasonable overview of the changes. Tried adding link Which doesn’t appear to work so you can look at the announcement link on the revised set page.

Yes the revised set is fully revised with new info and introductions and extra volume so significant is a good description. (I only have the original so can’t give specifics).

Edited by ukfraser

It has been greatly discussed elsewhere the differences between EBC and EBCR... Without doubt the commentary was expanded and is stronger in the revised. However the volume of articles found in the original is gone in the revision. Some books like Matthew and Psalms are virtually unchanged and are very helpful. Also some of the replaced books are missed by me and I still use both. If you had to chose one reviesed seems a good choice if you owned revised and asking do I need EBC I would say at the right price it is not a bad idea. The revised has removed some wonderful scholars that spoke great insights in the EBC. John is a good example the replaced is a far superior work but the original had great insight too. This is a good price, for a good commentary. I have seen it a bit cheaper than this and indeed for years $130 was its retail price. The EBC to me is a good moderate evangelical core to jump off from indeed many found Tyndale a good set to build around but to me EBC is the core to build around.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis
  • Like 1

Only a few hours left for the Hapercollins Season of Wow sale. It ends at midnight

Heads up! Only hours remain for the HARPERCOLLINS SEASON OF WOW sale on favorite titles from Zondervan for Accordance Bible Software. Sale ends at midnight EST TONIGHT!