• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Biblical Greek, Chicago Cubs
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hello,

I'm a recent convert to Accordance, after using Logos Bible Software for well over 20 years. We are in our first year of adopting Accordance at the college where I teach. I made a commitment to use Accordance this semester in the classroom, whereas before I was use the other software. It has worked well.

Currently, I am retrofitting an online course in hermeneutics, that was designed TOTALLY  to use Logos Bible Software, adapting it to Accordance. I'm under a deadline, so I need to get this finished out.

Anyway, on the Exchange, I have found some workspaces created Luis Zaldana in 2014 titled, Exegetical Guide, Passage Guide, and Bible Word Study. I have the Exegetical Guide on my screen right now (see image).

My question is this: How can I delete resources from the ones listed on the left side of the Workspace (from the categories of TEXTS, MY TOOLS, DICTIONARIES, COMMENTARIES, etc.), so that the ones listed match the libraries that we are having our students purchase. I've got quite a few more resources in MY PERSONAL library. I would like to share internally that adapted workspace (and others I can adapt) to the students who will use this course.

I'm thankful for your responses.

ExegeticalGuideWorkspace.jpg

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,656 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hi dfish!  The library on the left will always show the resources the user has installed in Accordance, so when a student loads it on their machine, it will simply reflect their modules instead of yours. The workspace you are passing itself doesn't really mind, it just knows to open the Library on the left.  I don't think you'll have any issue sharing it around.

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

#3 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:06 PM

I often look at screen shots on the forum to see what resources people have as I miss things in the store especially if they don’t come up on sale and I don’t always find them under the category I would search.

Your students may benefit from seeing what you have in your library so you may want to edit the order to ensure the volumes you find useful are at the top!

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#4 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Biblical Greek, Chicago Cubs
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Thanks, Joel and UKFraser. I had kind of figured that out before the first response. I have been reordering the resources in my library, so that what students have in theirs shows up at the top of my library resources.

I appreciate the help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Exegetical Guide, Workspaces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users