Christmas Classics not working

David Garrison

Christmas Classics isn’t loading properly. I can’t access the table of contents at all and can only scroll through the daily devotional readings.

iPad Pro 10.5” running iOS 11.1.

post-29360-0-63703700-1512677224_thumb.png

A bit more info: the module opens just fine on my laptop (MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015, 2.9Ghz, 8GB RAM; Accordance 12.1.5).

However, when I open it on my iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 11.2), I get the same thing as with the iPad.

I confirm. It seems that the classification as a "devotional" because it starts with Advent readings, is not working on the iOS. Actually I think it's off on the Mac as well, since this is not the First Thursday of Advent. However, on the Mac it opens as a general tool, but iOS does not have that option.

This looks like a programming issue rather than a module issue, and I am not sure it will be fixed in time for this season.

PS: I was wrong, this is the first Thursday of Advent, a shortened season this year, I guess, because the 4th Sunday is Christmas Eve.

Thanks Abram K-J for the correction.

• Like 2

Christmas Classics appears under general on my iPad mini and iPhone and works there.

Well isn’t that interesting. On both devices, I opened Christmas Classics by searching the library for it, and it opened as mentioned in my original posts.

However, when I opened it from within General Tools, as David mentioned, it opens and behaves normally.

Go figure.

Edited by David Garrison

I confirm that the module is working correctly, i.e. like other Devotionals, when opened on iOS as a Devotional (or from a general search) it lists only the reading for the day and shows the text. There is nothing else to display for that day. When selected from the General Tools is opens normally.

On a Mac Devotionals scroll to a particular reading but display the entire tool.