Accordance on Intel based Chromebooks with Chrome OS?

Fabian

The Pixelbook looks like quite the departure from Chromebooks roots. I know that google has tried to get more functionality out of the CB by having Android apps run on them... but traditionally the CB have been all about cloud computing. Interesting possibilities for sure.

-dan

• 2 months later...

I tried it with pixelbook, unfortunately it does not work at this point. It can be installed, but the texts keep flickering therefore basically unusable at this point. Hopefully this will improve soon..

Hi,

FWIW I had the same flickering problem with Acc in Wine in Linux. Acc was the only program that did this, for example, BW worked well (and does work well in their bottled Crossover Mac version). I don't know if it was a graphics card/driver issue, a kernel issue, or something else. 

I'm not expecting Acc to support a Wine/Crossover version, although the number of devices that could run Acc in Wine or Crossover, e.g., Chromebooks (running Crossover or Linux with Wine), Android tablets with Intel chips, and Linux tablets and computers is probably greater than the number of OSX devices. There would be some reduced functionality of Acc in Wine, but since it would a reduced full version, I think most who use Wine would accept that trade off.

Regards,

Michel

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem with Accordance on Wine/crossover on pixelbook. I hope they can at least make it work with basic functions..