Photo

Accordance on Intel based Chromebooks with Chrome OS?

Chrombooks ChromOS Google Play Android CrossOver Android 5.x and later

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:13 AM

Hello 

I don't have a Intel based Chromebook, just saw the webpage. But if someone has one I think it is worth to test the Crossover beta https://www.codeweav...ssover-chromeosto run Accordance for Windows.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#2 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:43 AM

The Pixelbook looks like quite the departure from Chromebooks roots. I know that google has tried to get more functionality out of the CB by having Android apps run on them... but traditionally the CB have been all about cloud computing. Interesting possibilities for sure.

-dan

#3 Willzhao

Willzhao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

I tried it with pixelbook, unfortunately it does not work at this point. It can be installed, but the texts keep flickering therefore basically unusable at this point. Hopefully this will improve soon..

#4 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Hi,

FWIW I had the same flickering problem with Acc in Wine in Linux. Acc was the only program that did this, for example, BW worked well (and does work well in their bottled Crossover Mac version). I don't know if it was a graphics card/driver issue, a kernel issue, or something else. 

I'm not expecting Acc to support a Wine/Crossover version, although the number of devices that could run Acc in Wine or Crossover, e.g., Chromebooks (running Crossover or Linux with Wine), Android tablets with Intel chips, and Linux tablets and computers is probably greater than the number of OSX devices. There would be some reduced functionality of Acc in Wine, but since it would a reduced full version, I think most who use Wine would accept that trade off.

Regards,

Michel

#5 Willzhao

Willzhao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:34 PM

I have the same problem with Accordance on Wine/crossover on pixelbook. I hope they can at least make it work with basic functions.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chrombooks, ChromOS, Google Play, Android, CrossOver, Android 5.x and later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users