Twirling rainbow ball when I try command print - Must force quit

Rod Wisdom

I'm using Accordance 12 on a new Mac workbook.  I have Sierra version 10.12.6.  Just got it a few weeks back.  I have been able to print papers in the last few days this way with no problem.  Today I was copying scripture passages from ESV with Strong's to the stack by using option/command/k.  I would then open a paper, and slide the individual scripture stack items to the paper.  I would rename the paper.  When I did command/P in order to print, the word FILE on the top line lit up in blue.  A small, round ball that was rainbow colored began twirling in the middle of my screen.  I could still move my cursor, but nothing in accordance would respond.   After waiting a few minutes for the ball to go away, I had to Force Quit accordance.  When I reopened it and tried to print the same paper, I got the same problem.  I did the procedure again on another scripture section and was able to print.  The next scripture section that I tried to print gave me the same error.   I tried to do a screen grab (shift/control/command/3), but the little rainbow ball did not show up.  I tried to capture it with SnagIt, but it wouldn't show up there either.  Can you tell me what's happening?  Am I doing something wrong?

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem - High Sierra, Macbook Pro, Accordance 12.2.2 - anyone have a solution? Just discovered that this problem is unique to one particular paper. My others seem to work normally, The one that will not print is much longer than the others. I finally exported it to docx and it printed from there - 5 pages

Edited by mbcvida

This is a bug we've fixed for the next release.  It occurs when a single text item in a paper is longer than a page.  You can work around it until next release by breaking up longer sections of text across several text items, rather than having a long section of text as a single item.

Hope that helps!