• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

I'm sure its now common knowledge across the 'Reformed' platform that Dr. R.C. Sproul, founder of Ligonier Ministries, has died.  I am incredibly saddened to hear this, he has been a great influence throughout my christian life.  As a pentecostal, his teaching continually drew me back to the need for proper academic explanation, the call to true biblical holiness, and the centrality of that great reformed truth the 'Sola Gratia' - Grace Alone.  Rest in peace, good Sir.

• Mark Allison, jarcher, Julia Falling and 1 other like this

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.11.

#2 JohnABarnett

JohnABarnett

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Biblical studies
    History and music
    τα παντα
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted Today, 08:28 AM

After reading about Sproul's death, or should I say his presence with the Lord, we were talking about his character, contributions, and impact. When I mentioned his kindness, our son-in-law said he had read somewhere that Sproul had said the one attribute of God he wanted to be known for was kindness.

This man had impact well beyond his Reformed circle because he was genuinely kind, and also because he had a gift for distilling theological subjects into words the average person could grasp while not exchanging meat for milk.

Normally I say to my Christian brothers and sisters, "God be with you." Now I can say to Sproul, "Be with God."

Edited by JohnABarnett, Today, 08:28 AM.

• Julia Falling, Paul Meiklejohn and Daniel Francis like this

PC, WIndows 10

Primary Interest: Original Language Exegetical Work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users