Accordance 12.2 creates corrupt docx file

Rod Wisdom

I am on a Mac with Sierra version 10.12.6.  I just upgraded my accordance to version12.2. I copied 3 things into the stack, opened a paper, set it up to show footnotes and bibliography, and saved it under the name "version 12.2 footnote and doc test" with the docx extension.

I opened Microsoft word and attempted to load the file. I got this notification.

"The Open XML file version 12.2 footnote and doc test.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents or the file name might contain invalid characters (for example, /\).  The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.  OK"

I clicked on OK and got this notification.

"Word found unreadable content in version 12.2 footnote and doc test.docx.  Do you want to recover the contents of this document?  If you trust the source of this document, click Yes.   Yes"

I clicked Yes and the file opened in Compatibility mode in Word.  The good news is that the footnotes and bibliography was there.  I couldn't get them with 12.1.   I was then able to save the file in the docx format.  That's a lot of steps.  Why does Word read this version 12.2 file as problematic and unreadable?

I am on a Mac with Sierra version 10.12.6.  I just upgraded my accordance to version12.2. I copied 3 things into the stack, opened a paper, set it up to show footnotes and bibliography, and saved it under the name "version 12.2 footnote and doc test" with the docx extension.

I opened Microsoft word and attempted to load the file. I got this notification.

"The Open XML file version 12.2 footnote and doc test.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents or the file name might contain invalid characters (for example, /\).  The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.  OK"

I clicked on OK and got this notification.

"Word found unreadable content in version 12.2 footnote and doc test.docx.  Do you want to recover the contents of this document?  If you trust the source of this document, click Yes.   Yes"

I clicked Yes and the file opened in Compatibility mode in Word.  The good news is that the footnotes and bibliography was there.  I couldn't get them with 12.1.   I was then able to save the file in the docx format.  That's a lot of steps.  Why does Word read this version 12.2 file as problematic and unreadable?

I experienced the same.

Greetings

Fabian

The programmers are aware, and it is being worked on. It should be fixed in a future update.