kpang808

Thank you so much for this release! It is an awesome update that adds a lot of helpful features. Big shout out to the Accordance team!! You guys work hard and are awesome! 

• Like 3

I seem to have lost all my papers and my stacks after upgrading to 12.2??

I seem to have lost all my papers and my stacks after upgrading to 12.2??

Well, that's not good. Are they still in your Accordance folder in Documents?

I have also lost my papers and stacks after the update to 12.2. The stacks folder and papers folder under the Accordance folder in Documents are empty. Within the papers folder is a template folder that is empty as well. 

Stacks and Papers are checked to sync to Dropbox in the Syncing Preferences. A test paper and a test stack fail to appear in the Dropbox folder upon both automatic and manual syncing. An interesting side note is that the title of the last stack worked with before the update was still the "current stack" after the update. An item added to the "current stack" created a file with the name of the "missing stack" in the expected folder. My little tests demonstrate that:

A. All stacks and papers present before the update to ver. 12.2 are now gone.

B. New stacks and papers are created and appearing the expected locations.

C. Current stacks and papers are not syncing to Dropbox.

I was able to restore all but the most recent files from the Time Machine backups. I must remember to use Time Machine more often!  ;)

Edited by Solly

A final puzzle. The current stacks and papers files have been backed up to Dropbox and may be viewed on the Windows system, however within macOS the stacks and papers folders do not appear in the Dropbox Accordance folder. Oh the mystery of it all.

My Stacks and Papers are still present on my Mac after the upgrade. I am not syncing to DB at all, manually or automatically at present.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Fabian

Many thanks for the Hand-off feature. It works great from my iPhone X to the Mac. But unfortunately from the Mac to the iPhone X not. (Yes, I have read the Help-Files about inconsistencies. I only post for your information.) Maybe Rick M. experienced a flawless Hand-off.

Greetings

Fabian

All, I just updated to 12.2 and it crashes everytime I highlight a verse and "look up parsing".  I can paste the crash data here or email it to some if needed.

All, I just updated to 12.2 and it crashes everytime I highlight a verse and "look up parsing".  I can paste the crash data here or email it to some if needed.

I can confirm at least once instance of this on my Mac. I had this happen during a webinar I was leading this past Thursday in which I was using the beta. I didn't report it because I couldn't repeat afterwards, but this is exactly what happened during my demonstration.

I got a warning that Accordance couldn't find the stacks file. But it loaded just fine. Haven't had a problem after the initial launch after upgrade. 

I also lost my stacks and papers. In fact, my stacks folder is gone from my Mac entirely.

Also, I get the following error when attempting to create a Stack.

post-211-0-93284400-1513610458_thumb.png

Edit: I do use dropbox sync on both my Mac and my iPhone

Edited by jarcher
  • Like 1

I do not get the error above when attempting to make a Stack using the 12.2.0 Aleph. No idea if that is helpful.

If someone from tech wants to take over my computer to look at this more for the purposes of identifying the issue I'm available and willing. 

I have my stuff backed up (mostly).

Thank you jarcher, I may take you up on that.  I am trying to replicate the problem on my own machine first, as it will be easiest to fix there, but I may need to take you up on it if I can't.

I would also advise that if there are any devices you still have your stacks and papers on, don't sync them until we figure this out.

• Like 2

Could someone please guide me in how I may update to 12.2 from 12.

I have tried "Easy Install" and "Check for content updates".  Though I must be missing something.  I should add that I am very new user of Accordance.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Paul,

Try the "Check for App Update" in the same drop-down menu as the other options you tried.

G'day Gold, thank you for your post though I do not see the option listed.  My version of Accordance is 12.1.5 MAS

I must be missing something?

Kind regards,

Paul.

Sorry, I should of said G'day archer.

I did say I was new.

Paul: The AppStore version does not have the Check for App Update. Your updates will come through the AppStore but are typically delayed, both because we want to work through the inevitable initial bug reports, and because Apple will take their time approving the update.

• Like 1

Hello archer and Helen.  archer my version of Accordance does not have that option.  Though I think Helen is on the money.  I will be paten t and wait.  I did receive some help from "On Line Chat".  That has worked to a degree.  But now I am displaying Version 12.2.1 Lite and not 12.2.1 Starter.

I will be patient and see what happens with time.

Paul Version Lite, is typically caused by older workspaces. Try closing all windows and creating a new workspace. The apple app (12.2) shouldn't be be too long in coming to the app store.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

What do you do if you had your Stacks being handled via dropbox and now they are gone??? I tried to recover from Dropbox but they weren't there. I tried my Time Machine backups looking at the Dropbox folder and nothing either. What to do in this case?

The issue of Stacks and Paper disappearing from Dropbox is a serious bug in 12.2 on Mac, and last night we posted an update to 12.2.1 which fixes it.

I do not know whether anyone has found a way to recover the lost material. You can contact our tech support. We are very sorry about this as the last thing we ever want is to cause a loss of the user's own work.

What do you do if you had your Stacks being handled via dropbox and now they are gone??? I tried to recover from Dropbox but they weren't there. I tried my Time Machine backups looking at the Dropbox folder and nothing either. What to do in this case?

Have you looked at Time Machine in the Papers and Stacks folders in Documents/Accordance files? 

Papers%20and%20Stacks.png?dl=1