11 replies to this topic

#1 David Harris

David Harris

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Twitter:DaveTheSemitist
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics, Hebrew Bible, Historical Hebrew Grammar, NW Semitic Dialectology, Textual Criticism, Scribal Culture in the ancient Near East, Israelite Religion(s)
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if Accordance is planning to acquire the new Supplements Volume to COS, The Context of Scripture, Volume 4?  If so, is there an estimate of when it will be available in Accordance? It wiuld be very helpful to me, but I can’t afford Brill’s price for the Hardcover edition.

Thanks!  Happiest of Holidays to everyone.  :D

David

• Fabian likes this

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 12,024 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

We are talking to Brill but getting new licenses is neither easy nor quick.

• Unix likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 David Harris

David Harris

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Twitter:DaveTheSemitist
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics, Hebrew Bible, Historical Hebrew Grammar, NW Semitic Dialectology, Textual Criticism, Scribal Culture in the ancient Near East, Israelite Religion(s)

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, Dr. Brown.  Here's hoping that it happens : )    

• R. Mansfield and Unix like this

#4 Brian W. Davidson

Brian W. Davidson

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

Glad to here this 4th volume is coming!
  • Fabian likes this

#5 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary Humanities that have something to do with sustainability or correct comprehension of Peoples, including: 2nd Millennia BC, History of Ideas, History of 1902-1945 and reenactment of that era clothing, using LSJ for the Ancient Gk corpus (skipped BrillDAG since I couldn't afford it and it is still not under Accordance), might many Years from now visit a certain new cult on the Taiga in Siberia, Ethics for divorced men; singing; guiding; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:On the laptop 11.2.5 loads my books, uses slightly less battery than 12. 11 had a great Info Pane, partial download of Collections had already become possible, settings for text preferences suffice, library sorting, Research. I have a few extra Accordance 12.3.6 (and for Accordance version 2.0 for Android which is really GREAT and now with improved UI, and it is also for Accordance iPad 3.x) licenses to gift - still have Nov. 14.-23. 2019 and likely for a while, multiple copies left beyond november!
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:19 AM

+1
I have the first three volumes now since 8:23 PM yesterday. Only reason I waited this long was both that the resource specific sales that I saw come and go a few times were not a deeper discount than BF CM (I thought really hard what might the publishers have allowed to be discounted fares for OakTree to pay them?) and that I already had it under the competing platform since April 19. 2012 with Original Languages Library.

Accordance can compete and I always believed this resource would attract more customers too! It's serious, recent enough, accurately priced for all sides.

#6 MattChristian

MattChristian

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Assyriology, Dead Sea Scrolls, Semitic Linguistics, Language Contact, Hebrew, Greek, Syriac, Akkadian,. Ugaritic, Sumerian, Hittite,Jesus, Coffee

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:53 PM

+1
I have the first three volumes now since 8:23 PM yesterday. Only reason I waited this long was both that the resource specific sales that I saw come and go a few times were not a deeper discount than BF CM (I thought really hard what might the publishers have allowed to be discounted fares for OakTree to pay them?) and that I already had it under the competing platform since April 19. 2012 with Original Languages Library.

Accordance can compete and I always believed this resource would attract more customers too! It's serious, recent enough, accurately priced for all sides.

This resource is actually lacking a lot. The texts are clipped to what the editors thought was necessary and lines and lines of various texts are completely missing. I would not recommend it for serious study. There are much better editions out there. Just MHO

Cheers,

Matt C

#7 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary Humanities that have something to do with sustainability or correct comprehension of Peoples, including: 2nd Millennia BC, History of Ideas, History of 1902-1945 and reenactment of that era clothing, using LSJ for the Ancient Gk corpus (skipped BrillDAG since I couldn't afford it and it is still not under Accordance), might many Years from now visit a certain new cult on the Taiga in Siberia, Ethics for divorced men; singing; guiding; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:On the laptop 11.2.5 loads my books, uses slightly less battery than 12. 11 had a great Info Pane, partial download of Collections had already become possible, settings for text preferences suffice, library sorting, Research. I have a few extra Accordance 12.3.6 (and for Accordance version 2.0 for Android which is really GREAT and now with improved UI, and it is also for Accordance iPad 3.x) licenses to gift - still have Nov. 14.-23. 2019 and likely for a while, multiple copies left beyond november!

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

I know but I generally like anthologies. And considering for how long I needed to wait until I could get it for a lower price (duplication being the dilemma) I even so recommend Accordance to produce the last volume!:

This resource is actually lacking a lot. The texts are clipped to what the editors thought was necessary and lines and lines of various texts are completely missing. I would not recommend it for serious study. There are much better editions out there. Just MHO

• Fabian likes this

May 28. 2019: I had mentioned currencies in one comment here on the podcasts forum, my off-site elaboration of that is: https://www.christia...2#post-72312055
A new group where to discuss all things commentaries, join! Novices can learn from experts on library-building: https://www.facebook...90154717874594/
March. 4. 2019: Not room for constantly carrying each device for without hole-damage to bag or indexcards to carry tablet or all cell phones. I.e. desk phone guy and laptop "gymnast". FB (always scroll down enough and remember my actual positions are not stated with precision but civil status is at all times correct:
https://www.facebook...100009160762403 ...add me there for photos, perhaps mention on Messenger it was from the link here so that You qualify. If You ever actually confirm Your interest or tell me to call back, do so by sending a brief SMS who You are thank You (the latter is they key for how You with foresight confirm to me that You are mine! And find me on Insta!

My new group welcomes contributions and constructive criticism of and listing of commentaries, please ask to join, no control questions atm, erudite yet concise is the name of the group - expect users from on here to have academic knowledge and scholars to feel at home: https://www.facebook...4594/?ref=br_rs

The hardware I have in constant use is an AMD (only CPU manufacturer and developer I recommend for everyone!) A9 Dual Core equipped 15.6" monitor laptop with two batteries, DDR4 RAM; additionally I've got an older desktop with Intel G2030 CPU; both have 12 GB RAM.
Am growing only my Accordance and print libraries, further along that line dismissing what else to maintain. Next purchase: the entire BNPauly series

During my life I've at various levels used 15 languages, sang in half of them

EU. Fine Culture - busy all Monday evenings near the Royal Library and getting private tuition usually Sunday daytime one hour at the Royal Music Academy, additionally as a group as well some Saturdays daytime

Have got a subscription on DCH in print format, €75 per volume. Those who live here: I will welcome You to this City by showing the angles everyone misses and give You a gift: One or two print Bibles or an account substituting the need for You to have a long term strategic shopping just to get started, and the uniqueness of an account will depend on how deeply You will get to do things together with me and share our intellectual and physical training passions together.
I'm an ovo-vegetarian

Biggest title 2017: OTL and parts of NTL. Biggest title during 2018: https://twitter.com/...874763110559744 Biggest so far under 2019: NICOT/NICNT. I'm buying about 11 pieces of the Basic Starter Collections to gift away and four copies of the Catholic Documents with Bibles likewise /now during the sale March 2019
I can safely be encouraged
Healthy vendor lock-in
https://www.accordan...e-2#entry124374

#8 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:00 AM

bump!
I want volume 4 under Accordance!:

I [...] like anthologies. [...]I [...] recommend Accordance to produce the last volume!:

• R. Mansfield and Fabian like this

#9 ekim37

ekim37

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:11 AM

+1

• Fabian likes this

#10 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,121 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

+1

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

#11 Benjamin Gladd

Benjamin Gladd

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Associate Professor at Reformed Theological Seminary