Exporting Documents

Josh1ord

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is possible to export documents as pdf's ? my IPad is very old and running apps slowly. I am wanting to export one of my commentaries to read as a PDF alongside a paper bible when I'm not at my mac, especially now my ipad is meaning I cant just use the app. Any thoughts or helps? 

Thanks & Blessings,

Josh  

I think it used to be possible in Accordance 7 you could export (or copy and paste) the entire content of a Bible text and use it in another program, e.g. word processor, and then you could export it to PDF. I believe this functionality was removed in Accordance 8 onwards, and there is a now a limit to how much text you can copy or export.

On the Mac you can select text and print it to PDF format.

For example, trying this with the ESV produces a PDF over 6000 pages long.

NB it also takes an unconscionable amount of time.

Edited by Alistair

I think it used to be possible in Accordance 7 you could export (or copy and paste) the entire content of a Bible text and use it in another program, e.g. word processor...

Incidentally, years ago, this is how I added all biblical names, places and other words to the spelling dictionary in MS Word. I exported the entire NASB and spell checked it in Word, clicking the "Add to Dictionary" button for every word not recognized. 

Rick,

Wow ... that is an interesting way to spend a good deal of time ... highly dedicated.

Incidentally, years ago, this is how I added all biblical names, places and other words to the spelling dictionary in MS Word. I exported the entire NASB and spell checked it in Word, clicking the "Add to Dictionary" button for every word not recognized. 

I remember having done the same!